teen depression/suicide (1 Viewer)

layale

HSC
so ive been thinking of PIP topics and i have come up with this one. Teen depression. i think it would be good to talk about because i can bring the elements of time and popular culture into it. like the whole emo thing :headbang:
i reckon i can really develop it well.

comments???

xx

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
I finished the HSC this year and am awaiting my results. As a former Society student I advise you to stay far far away from teen depression, suicide & the emo culture - it is VERY overdone and markers detest it as hundreds of pips are done on psychological illness in teens every year. Go for something original, or at least put a new spin on an overdone topic.

xJennax

HSC
I would suggest steering away from that topic. Too overdone. Try to think of something more original. :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
layale said:
so ive been thinking of PIP topics and i have come up with this one. Teen depression. i think it would be good to talk about because i can bring the elements of time and popular culture into it. like the whole emo thing :headbang:
i reckon i can really develop it well.

comments???

xx
Is this a joke?

layale

HSC
no its not a fkn joke. i have no idea what to do for my topic. so like anorexia would be to overdone aswell??

cxlxoxk

HSC
ok then sorry.

avoid these topics

- depression

- suicide

- anorexia

- eating disorders

layale

HSC
why? im sure they have been done alot but has every aspect been covered and how you relate it to different concepts

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
layale said:
why? im sure they have been done alot but has every aspect been covered and how you relate it to different concepts
Yes, im telling you, every aspect from every angle has been covered on these topics. it is immensely difficult to get high marks with these topics, just avoid them, its not worth the effort.

layale

HSC
thanks for the insight. Now im completely fucked! yay

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
not really, you still have plenty of time to come up with a topic, i would start to get worried if you didn't have one by March.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
fallenstar said:
I finished the HSC this year and am awaiting my results. As a former Society student I advise you to stay far far away from teen depression, suicide & the emo culture - it is VERY overdone and markers detest it as hundreds of pips are done on psychological illness in teens every year.
I'm very surprised about this. Don't they teach you anything about ethics in research in S&C?

I wouldn't easily be able to get ethics clearance for research into suicide, if at all, as an undergraduate uni student- it's too risky and confrontational, so I'm surprised they allow you, as a high school research project, to confront people on a topic that could potentially cause serious harm.

technicolour

HSC
Yeah, our teacher's been telling us to stay away from teen depression, body image, emo culture, death and all of that. It's been done thousands of times and there's a very fine ethical line.

You're not completely screwed at all. You can do it on practically anything. There's a Society & Culture Association website with all the past award-winning PIP topics that you could get some inspiration from. I'm not at all telling you to copy, but there are a few interesting ideas about loads of different topics. Otherwise, have a talk to your teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)