Teenager shoots parents over Halo 3 (1 Viewer)

rasengan90

HSC
Ohio teenager Daniel Petric killed mother over Halo 3 video game | News | News.com.au
A TEENAGER obsessed with a video game has been found guilty of murdering his mother and injuring his father after they took the game away from him.

Daniel Petric, 17, planned to kill his parents because he was angry that his father would not allow him to play Halo 3.

On the night of the murder, the Ohio teenager used his father's key to open a box and remove the game, plus a 9mm handgun, the Associated Press reported.

Petric went into a room and said to his parents: "Would you close your eyes? I have a surprise for you."

Petric's father, Mark, said he was expecting a nice surprise. Instead, his head went numb from the gunshot, the Associated Press reported.

Mark Petric survived the shooting. Petric's mother, Susan, died of a gunshot wound to the head.

Defence Lawyer James Kersey said that Petric took the Halo 3 game with him when he fled the scene.

In sentecing Petric today, Judge James Burge said his obsession with Halo 3 may have warped his sense of reality, but rejected the defence lawyer's plea of insanity. "I firmly believe that Daniel Petric had no idea at the time he hatched this plot that if he killed his parents they would be dead forever," Judge Burge said.

Petric may have been addicted, but the evidence also showed he planned the crime for weeks, Judge Burge said.

The teenager was found guilty of aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder and other charges in the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas.

Petric faces a maximum possible penalty of life in prison without parole as he has been tried as an adult.

The judge did not set a sentencing date
:confused:

Rainie

HSC
What the hell. Now that's what I call an obsessive kid with no life? Jeez, it's your parents you're killing over a stupid game. He could of just bought another copy. Whats with Americans...guns = problem solved.

Bloody Americans. Get some common sense.

Last edited:

bored.of.u

HSC
Rainie said:
What the hell. Now that's what I call an obsessive kid with no life? Jeez, it's your parents you're killing over a stupid game. He could of just bought another copy. Whats with Americans...guns = problem solved.

Bloody Americans. Get some common sense.
i agree with u guns are not problem solved...thats one crazy kid shooting ur parents is way to extreme

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
He obviously thought they were going to respawn in 10 seconds.

cxlxoxk

HSC
The Halo series is crap. I don't understand why someone would kill over it.

Like someone who commented on the article on the article page. I don't think the game itself made him do it, i reckon he was a sickfuck before, and the act of his parents taking away a game from him just pushed him over the edge.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
zomg what a retard.
now, if it was dota...
or wow...

spartan31234

HSC
The problem with Americans is that the common is segregated form the sense

proringz

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
pretty much everyone ive shown the article too has said it
He probably never even played Halo, hence didn't understand the 10 seconds part.

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
HSC
Kind of ironic no?
parents don't let him play gun game due to bad influence,
because of that they end up influencing him into shooting them..
something like that anyway.
I just found it a little funny.

rasengan90

HSC
If they didn't have guns in the house this probably wouldn't have happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)