Telling the Truth - Do we need links between texts? (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey guys,

I know the teachers at my school were stressing us to include links between texts for Journeys, but what abt Frontline? Do we need links between the epsiode we use and related material? hmm.. i forgot to find this out from one of my teachers..

serge

HSC
I wouldnt bother links between episodes, cos i think ur allowed
to think of all 6 episodes as a body of work instead of
individual texts. There's been another thread on
"integrating" your essay,
(why do english teachers just stomp all over real maths words)

you might wanna check that one out,

links between related texts? hmm... aslong as
they all touch on the truth you should be ok

yesgentlemen

Sexbox
HSC
rsingh said:
Hey guys,

I know the teachers at my school were stressing us to include links between texts for Journeys, but what abt Frontline? Do we need links between the epsiode we use and related material? hmm.. i forgot to find this out from one of my teachers..
links with your related texts and the episodes is pretty vital, as it helps to back up what you're saying. the episodes themselves each try and focus on slightly varying forms of truth telling; sex in the media, chequebook journalism etc, but they all intertwine.

HSC
N/A
Integration/synthesis is that beautiful thing that helps your essays look polished and sophisticated :) Do it if you can.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
rsingh said:
Hey guys,

you don't HAVE to, but when i called up advice line to ask this exact same question, they said i don't have to, but it'll give my essay an integrated point of view and show the marker that i am able to see how telling the truth is represented in all texts that i analyse and discuss. it will give you extra marks, but linking between them is not necessary.

SmileyCam

HSC
like anything in english, if you can, do it
if you don't, you won't get marked down for it, you just won't get the marks that you would if you did... I think that made sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)