test (1 Viewer)

craz

HSC
AH yes the other difference. QLD do it through internal marking. VIC mark out of 50 and UAI is out of 100 (half being the HSC mark and the other half being the school assessment mark).

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Oh okay, so the mark out of 100 is the HSC mark which would be our study score out 50 ?? Hmm, that just confused me even more - -- wont even try to understand the QLD marking system.

craz

HSC
The NSW system has a scaling. Which I hated! Those doing science type like subjects rated higher whilst others were rated lower. Your HSC mark is a combination mark of both the final exam at the end and the schools internal assessment mark. Out of 100 these two marks are usually around the same or should be! and these make up your final mark, which is then converted to a ranking (the UAI). In Victoria, I'm not so clear on this, but is the study score out of 50 just the final mark?

bluesky100

HSC
I think all VCE marks are derived from ranks.
So anyway, there is the study score, then you get the scaled study score (subject score?? - somethng like that - I'd have to check) - the scaled results are added up + 10% of your 6th/7th subject, from this your given an aggregate, which is then ranked/compared to other aggregates - the aggregate is what you get the ENTER from, and going by last yr you'd probably want an aggregate of 140-150+!!!

VTAC or VCAA websites will no doubt provide a more accurate explanation. :)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yay semester one results out soon bluesky!! ~eager anticipation

bluesky100

HSC
15th right? :eek: Can't believe it's tomorrow. Do you know when we can view sem. 2 timetable - have put in my prefs through Allocate+ 3-4weeks ago, nothing yet.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
well, i'd love to help you but meddies are special and we do everything in our own little way that nobody else can explain....thus getting results out the first day back instead of WebCT. My timetable's up on WebCT ad we were also given a hard copy in the last week of last semester.

Hey Alvin and Robert, post in here!!!

bluesky100

HSC
No probs. I got my results at 12am - went to WES. Timetable is fine - checked out Allocate+ a few days back, semester 2 timetable is up - only beef I have - WebCT - only NUR1302 is up, not NUR1202 = no lecture notes!! I don't think th diploma subjects are put on WebCT.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
In Melbourne Drama and Theatre Studies are two seperate subjects. Here Drama is just theatre studies, which is unfortunate because you dont learn about film acting! They also have psychology if im not mistaking!
I'm in Sydney and my school offered Psychology as a one unit subject

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Think of "units" as "credit points", where a normal subject - six credit points - is worth 2 units. A one unit subject is like half a subject, three credit points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)