text. (1 Viewer)

Nadiaa

HSC
Hey.
Is the film, 'Australia' a good related text for english. i havent watched it just yet, but what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

kbsb

HSC
Hey.
Is the film, 'Australia' a good related text for english. i havent watched it just yet, but what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance
What topic/module is this for??

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I personally found the movie a bit corny, but that's just my opinion. You should just watch it yourself, but then again... 3 hours is a hefty portion of your day :p

You could probably use it, but if I were to use a film I'd look for something more left field/arthouse. I don't think the markers look too kindly upon the commercial films as related texts, but then again I guess it's not your average blockbuster (maybe i'm delusional, is it even a blockbuster at all? XD) .. but yes, it could work.

It depends on how well you are able to write about it, and how sophisticated the concepts are.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I get the feeling it'll be an overdone text. Not that this means you should necessarily avoid it, but your analysis will have to be really strong.

Nadiaa

HSC
lol thanks guys and yes it is for belonging.
i think i might do edward scissorhands instead lol.
i think that might be a little less overdone and it might be good for belonging.
thanks again :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I reckon Australia is less popular than Edward Scissorhands. For the past year and a half, I've seen Edward Scissorhands mentioned numerous times, whereas Australia has only been mentioned this once (to my knowledge).

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've seen both quite a few times. ES more often, simply because it's an older text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)