Textbook Question (1 Viewer)

jade_383

HSC
Hey I'm wondering if anybody else has a clue as to what the STAT170 textbook actually is and approx. cost? I've tried webct and the uni website as well as co-op but can't seem to find it. I've seen on the site that its a good idea to buy the book of lecture notes with exercises instead? Opinions?

Also if anybody is willing to sell me some textbooks ( i checked in the other thread just making sure) i would love to hear from you.

- Gleitman, H., Fridlund, A. & Reisberg, D. (2004). Psychology (6th Ed). N.Y: W.W. Norton & Co.
- Smyth, T.R. (2004). The principles of writing in psychology. Palgrave Macmillan:UK.

and Genki I: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese

Thanks in advance!!!

CieL

HSC
The stat170 textbook is USELESS..
All you need from that book is like 3 paragraphs.. which you can photocopy off the reserve books..
More importantly is the STAT170 study pack, which will provide you with everything you'll need to know.

I am selling gleitman, brand new condition.. bought from coop in sem1 06.
PM me if interested.

dracover

HSC
textbooks in gerneral are usless

most courses the lecture slides and wat the lecturer says is enough to cr or even D a subject

stats and maf courses books are like completely usless as the lecturers dont even follow it they have their own thing sometimes (for 1 course i did) a independent set of notes that might as well be a textbook cause of length

the onli courses that have remotely useful textbooks is wen the lecturer follows the textbooks like some mktg courses econ and accg. but even those if u follow the lectures ur fine. its onli wen u dont go to any lectures then u might want a text book for those

jade_383

HSC
yeah... i like them to cram for exams and i've been known to miss a class or two... =)

Kegs

HSC
Get the Jap book new from Co-Op. Most people scribble in them and want to keep them for reference at a later date. You need the workbook too anyway.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
jade_383 said:
Hey I'm wondering if anybody else has a clue as to what the STAT170 textbook actually is and approx. cost? I've tried webct and the uni website as well as co-op but can't seem to find it. I've seen on the site that its a good idea to buy the book of lecture notes with exercises instead? Opinions?
the lecture notes must be bought, they are copies of the lecture slides, you can't do the subject without them.
the text on the other hand i never bought. you don't need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)