Textbooks (1 Viewer)

srp123au

HSC
N/A
Hi!
At University can you find the textbooks at the library? Is it better to photocopy or buy them? How often do you have to purchase a textbook? I am doing a bachelor of science degree..
Any info would be appreciated.
Thankyou
Srp123au

klh

HSC
it depends. uws libraries usually have those books on cloed reserve so its always there but you cant take it home.
it might be cheaper if you photocopy but every page? and also the issue of misplacing pages.
you dont have to purchase a textbook, but its reccomened so you have a referencce to lecture material.
Most of us buy, if we can get it cheap like 2nd hand, we will btu we buy mostly i think becoz we can use it 24/7 whenever we need to and in a tidy package.

some peopel just do summaries off the textbooks in the library and phtocopt the important parts which is easy enough. if your text book isnt there like if somone already borrowed it, you can alsways use an older version or similar text which you can find in the uit outline which should help/

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
No, lecturers will generally give you a couple of weeks to purchase them. They do realise that its quite expensive :(

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
i have no idea how im going to afford it!! I might have to get a student loan just for textbooks!!!

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Is there anywhere that describes the textbooks you need for certain subjects??

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
k thanx, gee i hope i can pick up some 2nd hand books, anyone doing bus management and still got their 1st year books, il buy em?????

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
hey do we get a textbook advisory notice or something when we go to AAS? liek do they tell us what we need then? or when the lectures start?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The cop-op website has a list of books that you need. But your lecturers will tell you what books you will require during your first week of lectures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)