Textlist - not up yet? (1 Viewer)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Last time I checked the text list for semester 1 isn't up yet - generally when does it go up?

And why yes, I'm going to be a studious keen student because failing sucks.

HSC
Yeah same mine is not up! I went to Co-Op bookshop on wednesday because I thought the physical list came out but there wasn't one.

They said it will be released around the end of the holidays to during the first week of semester.

zaqwerty

HSC
I was planning on going in sometime next week to buy everything - but ONE of my units doesn't have the textlist available :(

HSC
Well I calculated if i got all new books for the first semester, it will be.... $633.33!
OMFG! Past year been using secondhand books but it seems most of my units need new "edition" books. =/

zaqwerty

HSC
Yes it's quite ridiculous, I'm lucky my parents are okay with buying them all for me.

If possible you'd be best comparing "new" edditions to the older ones as usually not much has changed and it can save you a lot of money.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Well I calculated if i got all new books for the first semester, it will be.... $633.33!
OMFG! Past year been using secondhand books but it seems most of my units need new "edition" books. =/
You can get away with older editions generally, unless you need the latest cases or those sneaky lecturers who deliberately change the question numbers/page numbers each year so that you have to get the new edition if not none of their exercises and lectures makes any sense. Alas, we are being fleeced one way or another...

Lou283

HSC
So I am starting this year - should I just buy the books for my units now or wait till classes start and we are told to?

Also is it necessary to buy the books it lists?

and am I likely to miss out buying older editions?

I'll be purchasing $471 worth of books, but have saved for it and will spend it if it is necessary to buy them and best to buy them new.

*rUsTy*

HSC
I had no idea books would add up to cost this much. Maybe it's better to wait until classes to see if they're actually compulsary or reccomended. I wouldn't want to fork out so much money for a book that isn't completely necessary...

Odyssey2001

HSC
I had no idea books would add up to cost this much. Maybe it's better to wait until classes to see if they're actually compulsary or reccomended. I wouldn't want to fork out so much money for a book that isn't completely necessary...
That's a good idea because last year i went and bought my text books early and I bought a textbook for I think $110 and then in my first class they told me we didn't really need it and to only buy it if we wanted to for extra readings, I never ever used it in my class at all -_-. Now I always wait and see whether we really need it or not before buying :p

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
The text lists for my units are finally up, 12 texts for one unit!! i'm gonna be poor this semester :(

*rUsTy*

HSC
So I looked at my textlists for the units I'm thinking of enrolling in and I noticed that it says status and then either Reccomended or Text. I'm guessing the ones that say Text are the compulsary ones?

EDIT: Oh wait nevermind, that's what it says on the bottom :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)