Th III a woman??? (1 Viewer)

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Ok, this is here basically coz this thread needs some excitement, but also coz it would b damn interesting point to debate!

Okay, my good friend babs, thankyou for this theory!!

Basically, H. gave Neferure the title of God's wife of Amun. Now, this may have been because she needed someone trustworthy to partake in rituals, or to keep it from Th. III (as Gardiner suggests). If we keep following this theory, Th. III might have been a woman (and yes Alfalfa, im NOT gonna prove this, this is soo just for amusement). Because, this title is for women only (which is why H. gave it up when she became pharaoh.)

Okay, now, some historians have suggested that it was to keep TH. III from gaining poower. This CANNOT be true, as there is no evidence for any other royal women who could have held the title (as the royal line is passed through female line etc. and therefore this title can only be held by royal woman). This leads me to a theory that Th. III was a woman!!!!!1

Just kidding, i know this is a completely stupid argument.

I really wanted to discuss why H. gave Neferure the title "god's wife of Amun"

And now, we can debate this being thouroughly entertained by my stupidity!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
ur argument bout the "it cannot be true that she gave the title 2 neferure 2 stop thIII from gaining power" theory doesnt really make sense ange. think bout it. whilst its true that only females could carry the title (obviously), she didnt have 2 give it 2 anyone. the position was an extremely powerful one, religiously and economically. obviously, even though neferure ostensibly held the title, hatshepsut would have been the one directing her actions. therefore it quite reasonable 2 assume that this was a measure taken by hatsehpsut 2 further consolidate her power.

angelduck

HSC
Yes, but Rhia, consolidating her power doesnt necessarily mean stopping Th. III gaining power.

What i should have said was (and im sorry, i was tired, then again, i still am...)

The argument that the sole reason H. gave neferure the title because she did not want Th. III being able to gain it when he became Pharaoh.

Yeah, well, im sorry, i really was tired earlier, id just had 2hours of maths, cut me some slack girl!

Anyways, this is obvious because When Th. III became Pharaoh, he could easily have taken it from neferure anywayz, coz hed be pharaoh, and precedent was that it was given to chief wife of pharaoh.

So, yeah

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Tuttles was not a female. There! I win argument. Debate is now over.

angelduck

HSC
And i quote myself (i have no idea how to quote the thread properly, i am NOT a computer person)

"Just kidding, i know this is a completely stupid argument.

I really wanted to discuss why H. gave Neferure the title "god's wife of Amun""

So, yeah tina, there, in ur face!

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Two-thirds of your post was on Tuts. And again, i point out the title.

And there really is no point in debating this. I'm sure Gae Callender said something about all this in her extensive research and excavation of Egypt. According to harpy, she's always right. Anything we say is insignificant compared to her.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
u have always been my minions - (agh! almost wrote minoans) - im just so clever at manipulating u that u dont know it - isnt it...yes ducky...DIABOLICAL!!! (u know, i bet this thread really makes no sense whatsoever 2 any1 who isnt involved in the merewether mafia)

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
What the hell are you guys talking about? I'm confused.....mucho sympathy for non-merewetherians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)