thanks to everyone that answered :) (1 Viewer)

TryingMyBest194

HSC
Going to be frank but I did horribly on 4/7 subjects with those 4 being Cs for prelims. i don't want to start dumping but a lot happened and i wasn't feeling it so i barely studied. i preformed generally well throughout year 11 but my prelims messed me up completely.

I go to a school thats eligible for the UNSW pathway admissions. I don't know how competitive that would be, and with my grades i don't know if i'll make the cut for when i apply.

Do i just have to do extremely well in my HSC to get direct entry?

Last edited:

lolcti

HSC
N/A
what course do you want to do? If its med or law than there's a 99.99% chance you wont get early entry but for others you stand a chance since there's a little less competition.

TryingMyBest194

HSC
what course do you want to do? If its med or law than there's a 99.99% chance you wont get early entry but for others you stand a chance since there's a little less competition.
architecture, design or like CS (cs is a bit of a stretch since my ext 1 marks are pretty weak :/)

lolcti

HSC
N/A
architecture, design or like CS
I think you'll be alright, you'll need around 88-94 atar (you could probably get bonus points according to the subjects you're doing) for those courses and most people don't have gateway entry anyways. It'll just challenge you even more, which is a good thing.

TryingMyBest194

HSC
Back in the day we get flogged for bad results and you pests posting your failures on media!!! No creep need to see you failure go be failure in real because no failure deserves to be failure
i acknowledged that it was my fault for not performing up to par and i'm in the process of owning up to it, so i don't see why you would need to say this? i'm sorry you didn't have a positive environment to discuss your struggles and failures in but since this is most likely a troll account i don't see why you would need to waste anyone's time like this?💀

natsnapshoot

HSC
about unsw gateway - yes they use your year 11 results, however it is mostly based on your personal statement. In a few sessions during the holiday programs, they say that most people who submit a complete personal statement get an offer. Even if you don't get your first preference through gateway, they may still offer you another degree that is related. of course, there are two rounds of offers so there's a good chance you will receive one. Good luck!

MJRey

HSC
Honestly, it's year 11. Those results don't matter in the long run and they don't really indicate how well you'll perform in year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)