Not open for further replies.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sexism award not one to be proud of

Sexism award not one to be proud of
AM - Friday, 25 August , 2006 08:28:00
Reporter: Karen Barlow

TONY EASTLEY: New South Wales' Lower House of Parliament isn't nicknamed the "Bear Pit" for nothing. It's accustomed to rowdy behaviour. Last night was no exception but most of the crowd booing and jeering and stamping their feet in the parliamentary dining room weren't MPs.

Four hundred women from all walks of life were there to judge the year's most sexist remarks. No formal voting, the winner is carried "on the voices", as they say. Now in its 14th year, the Ernie Awards go to the worst derogatory public utterance, and last night there was a strong field.

Karen Barlow went along to the Ernie's for AM.

[continued - see link]
Tony Abbott is a popular man.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Considering white males have done more for humanity than all other human combinations combined, I think those women need to shut the hell up.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Like opress? Pillage? Plunder?
Like the water that flows from your tap, the computer you're typing on, the government system which guarantees your security or the electricity its plugged into.

lengy

HSC
I vote bshoc gets the Golden Ernie instead.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
I vote bshoc gets the Golden Ernie instead.
I'd proudly accept it, infact it would be an award way up high on that shelf - what that award represents is the ability to speak truth without fear, no matter how inconvenient it may be to women and their new-found self conception.

Generator

HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
I'd proudly accept it, infact it would be an award way up high on that shelf - what that award represents is the ability to speak truth without fear, no matter how inconvenient it may be to women and their new-found self conception.
Truth without fear? You speak without fear, yes (from behind the keyboard, anyway), but it's hardly truthful in nature.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Truth without fear? You speak without fear, yes (from behind the keyboard, anyway), but it's hardly truthful in nature.
:rofl:

this is their entire list, like 10 things :rofl:

http://www.ideafinder.com/features/classact/women.htm

the list for the white male would literally stretch on to the point of unreadable in a lifetime.

I suppose that women won WWII and Plato was a chick right? Womens history and contribution to humanity, maybe the 47th footnote in the book of useful things done by humanity. Why is it you rabid leftists are hostile to anything a tad bit truthful? Why is it that promoting the incorrect idea that women were historically significant to human development is considered PC or "breaking the glass cieling" whilst simply telling the truth about history is called "chovenism"?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
the bulletproof vest was invented by a woman...

bshoc

HSC
N/A
k8kate said:
the bulletproof vest was invented by a woman...
I seriously doubt Casimir Zeglen was a woman ...

kathelle

Slutty McSlut-Slut
HSC
bshoc said:
Name one thing in my house or any other that can be conclusively traced back a woman(women)
http://www.le.ac.uk/ph/str3/SETWomen/invent.htm said:
.....that soothing bath tonight will require an electric water heater, technology invented by Ida Forbes in 1917...... And it is possible that you put your used mug in a dishwasher, an 1886 invention of Josephine Cochran. But that's just inside the house...

The motor vehicle that brings you to work or school requires a muffler, a 1917 invention of the outspoken and chain-smoking Miss El Dorado Jones. And if it is cold and raining, a likely event in the UK, you can thank Margaret Wilcox for the heating and Mary Anderson for those handy windshield wipers.
etc...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshoc said:
Name one thing in my house or any other that can be conclusively traced back a woman(women) rather than a man(men)
A woman gave birth to everyone who ever invented anything, and therefore without women you would not have "water that flows from your tap, the computer you're typing on, the government system which guarantees your security or the electricity its plugged into."

bshoc

HSC
N/A
The first reports of a mechanical dishwashing device are of an 1850 patent by Joel Houghton

... shall I go on?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
A woman gave birth to everyone who ever invented anything, and therefore without women you would not have "water that flows from your tap, the computer you're typing on, the government system which guarantees your security or the electricity its plugged into."
Thats kinda null becuase that would have never happned without men either.

kathelle

Slutty McSlut-Slut
HSC
Go for it, let's see you prove them all wrong. :p
Got troll much? He could be a little bit subtler.....tut tut tut, trolls these days. Poor effort.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
But it wouldn't of happened without women either, which means they can therefore be traced back to anything ever invented.

HSC
This is ridiculous. Why are we trying to see which gender has more 'points' in regards to the developement of society? Jeezus. Men and women together have made every invention you can name. In fact, name one thing, invented by a man, that women have had no influence on? Or do the opposite, name one thing invented by a woman that men have no influence on, my radical feminist friends :)

As for Plato...bah. We could have got along without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)