The Abortion Debate... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
well they have to fulfill the requirments which i outlined above...still not gonna change your vote?
i still personally think abortion is pretty immoral. it is a life which is sacrificed for the sake of someone elses. and why cant people just try and give them up for adoption? mothers have responsibility over their child and it seems they take advantage of the fact they cant choose for themselves cause they are too small and not mentally developed enough to make a decision. i just think its wrong to sacrifice a baby for the sake of your own life and just cause you cant see the baby and its still in the mother, i just cant see the difference between killing a fetus and killing a real live baby because it is inconvenient. killing a born baby is illegal even if the 15 year old girl cant cope with it. why should it be any different with a fetus. i think it is a way of simply removing responsibility from people. cant people just wait till they can give up the child for adoption if they dont want the baby

HSC
lukebennett said:
oh yeah i just would prefer it to be very regulated so that only ewxtreme cases could. btw i didnt really know a heap about the whole abortion situation anyway but i wouldnt have thought just anyone could get an abortion, but i bet lots of people that havent truly needed them have had them
but how can you judge who 'truly' needs one and who doesn't? it's so subjective, and yeah it's fine to say 'well rape and dangers to health only!' but forcing a woman to have a child she doesn't want can also mentally and financially ruin her as well. its all a question of values, but how can you honestly say that your values should dictate law?

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I know another girl a bit younger but she's already had her second... not everyone who gets an abortion went to the exact same clinic as you and is in the exact same situation.
i'm not saying everyone is in the exact same situation, however the fact is, i have been through it and you haven't.
besides any of that, STATISTICALLY women who abuse the system are in the minority. STATISTICALLY. as in, nothing to do with my personal experience.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
thats a poor excuse to kill something. just cause you cant cope would you murder the person who is making it difficult for you?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
it depends on ur view of 'abuse the system'...
I think we should at least NOT pay for abortions after the second...

Yes i know you've been through the situation, but not every woman who goes through the situation agree's with you either.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
How much can I stress that the sacrafice a mother makes is NOT just the giving birth factor? I'm sure most of us, if pregnant and wasnt ready for it (I'll come back to that later) would gladly pop up a baby and never need for abortion. But we're talking 9 months (ish) of no job, no school, and a decrease in respect from SOME people. (And the guy sacrafices too - he has to figure out how to compensate this whole no job no school girlfriend he has and his emotional problems.

I'm sure... that people that get pregnant and choose to abort, chances are they're thinking ahead and can't afford this kid, and lose a job, or drop out of school.

I'm merely trying to state that the sacrafice a couple makes when the mother is pregnant is not just the giving birth part.

HSC
lukebennett said:
thats a poor excuse to kill something. just cause you cant cope would you murder the person who is making it difficult for you?
umm, that is a defense for murder. provokation?

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
it depends on ur view of 'abuse the system'...
I think we should at least NOT pay for abortions after the second...

Yes i know you've been through the situation, but not every woman who goes through the situation agree's with you either.
did i say they had to?
my point is you're advocating punishing for the majority of the actions of a small minority, is that fair?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
so existing is a good provocation for murder ? i dont think so. if you are being teased at school or being constantly harrased at school and you are very emotionally scarred i dont think that is an excuse or defence for murder.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm merely trying to state that the sacrafice a couple makes when the mother is pregnant is not just the giving birth part.
No it's not, but the husband has according to a group of passionate feminists here no say what-so-ever in the situation so i'm sure that'll send him insane too.

Also you can put the child up for adoption...

I question people who choose to abort children for financial reasons who sit around watching big screen tv's, driving around in new cars, etc.. Remember children were being born during the great depression.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm DEFINATELY against making abortions illegal,
I'm just saying that there ARE some huge moral problems going on with abortions in some of these minority cases and there should be greater restrictions to stop this.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
OMG just because it has been around for thousnads of years does not make it right in anyway and its nothing to do with being modern or WITH THE TIMES. a stupid law which says that a fetus is not technically alive has just amde an excuse for people to not feel overly guilty about killing something. its not about values its about an illegitimate law or idea which is a convenient justification for murder. MURDER IS NOT SOMETHING I WANT TO HAVE TO CONFORM TO WITH THE TIMES.

PS how would you have liked to have been aborted simply because you were an inconvenience

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I hear too often of people who aborted babies saying 'it was just a bunch of empty cells', they are definately living creatures and an embryo at even just 12 weeks looks, acts alive.

HSC
lukebennett said:
OMG just because it has been around for thousnads of years does not make it right in anyway and its nothing to do with being modern or WITH THE TIMES. a stupid law which says that a fetus is not technically alive has just amde an excuse for people to not feel overly guilty about killing something. its not about values its about an illegitimate law or idea which is a convenient justification for murder. MURDER IS NOT SOMETHING I WANT TO HAVE TO CONFORM TO WITH THE TIMES.

PS how would you have liked to have been aborted simply because you were an inconvenience
OH MY GOD! IF YOU ARE ABORTED, YOU DO NOT KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN ABORTED! IT'S NOT LIKE PEOPLE WOULD SAY 'HEY...WHERE'S ASQY? SHOULDN'T HE HAVE BEEN BORN 20 YEARS AGO?'

i understand that YOU do not agree with abortion. i understand that and it doesn't bother me. however... how can you possiblypurport to inflict your moral judgements on others as a matter of law?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes i agree, this is the problem.. if you place restrictions they'll just go back to backyard abortions. At least now even now they are having clean, professional medical work done..

I dunno, i think it should come down to choice... but i think we need to pressure the people that might abuse the system to see that while it is ok that they are killing something very alive and that it's wrong to have so many abortions, however still allow them if they decide in the end to have their 5th abortion...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
maybe you should put yourself in the position of a young female who is pregnant...you dont want the baby as you wont be able to get a career...the boy who father it has run away out of fear...and the law FORCES YOU TO HAVE THE BABY!
im sorry if thats the way you feel and if they are your values but i am trying my best to look from the perspective of someone involved but to me a life is far more important than a career. most mothers would put their life on the line for their children and thats how it shud be. i think that is extremely selfish and it just shows that the world is sooooooo greedy. i would honestly force myself to have the baby. just because a baby doesnt breeth it doesnt mean its not alive. i could never kill a person because it is inconvenient

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes i agree, this is the problem.. if you place restrictions they'll just go back to backyard abortions. At least now even now they are having clean, professional medical work done..

I dunno, i think it should come down to choice... but i think we need to pressure the people that might abuse the system to see that while it is ok that they are killing something very alive and that it's wrong to have so many abortions, however still allow them?
but YOU think that it is alive and that it's wrong. it is your moral values at play here. your moral values do not dictate the rest of the world.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
maybe you should put yourself in the position of a young female who is pregnant...you dont want the baby as you wont be able to get a career...the boy who father it has run away out of fear...and the law FORCES YOU TO HAVE THE BABY!
Life A - Having to live with a baby, sacrafice...

Life B - Having my limbs sucked off with a tube....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)