The Abortion Debate... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
lukebennett said:
so you would sacrifice a life to have an easier more convenient one and less hard for yourself. i just cant get over how cruel that sounds even with the thought that youd be eliminating a lifetime of hardship. it just sounds so selfish not to allow a fetus or baby their right to a life. the can actually experience emotions at the fetal stage when they are aborted
i HAVE sacrificed a life to make things easier on myself! i don't regret it; i did the right thing by me.
hey, what have you ever done for others?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Not directly, not in such a way.

i HAVE sacrificed a life to make things easier on myself! i don't regret it; i did the right thing by me.
Maybe pro-abortion peple should just kill the anti-abortion people, sure would make life alot better for you.

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Maybe pro-abortion peple should just kill the anti-abortion people, sure would make life alot better for you.
except for the part where i CHOOSE to take part in these debates. i could walk away now and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to me. tool.

Generator

HSC
N/A
They are pro-choice, not pro-abortion. There is a difference.

Why is that we only have the blokes and glycerine involved? Much like the Coalition's party room debate, it seems.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
girlanachronism said:
ah! you are not getting me here!
it is all good and well to say that people are selfish. however until you have been in that situation, how can you possibly judge? moral righteousness is all good in theory. doesn't always hold up in practise.
p.s. please don't try to emotionally blackmail me with my sister, of course i am glad she's alive and i will always love her no matter what, however i would have understood if my mother had not wanted to take the risk
i do get you that having a disabled child is very very difficult and i know people who have very disabled children who arent well off finacially either. they find it hard but they always say they could not have lived with themselves if they had sacrificed their children for an easier life.

sorry i dont meant to blackmail you and i know i dont know your life either. its just hard for us to communicate both ways what we actually mean. the way you said it sounded harsh to me but it was obviously not and i apologise.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
so...um...whats more important...the life the of the foetus or the life of the woman who is holding the foetus?

i think alot of pro lifers are um forgotten PRAGMATICS...
law says that the mother is more important and i agree. but life is literal as in life or death. you morally cant take away the life of a foetus if the mother is not physically at risk. i agree that if the mother is goingto be at physical risk in having the baby it is fair enough to abort, but aborting out of convenience is just sooooo wrong

Generator

HSC
N/A
What is a physical risk? Surely ruining the life of the mother is a physical/economic risk?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
dont you do it everyday you capitalist pig :rolleyes:...
That probably deserves rep. Not that I'll be handing it out. ;)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hmmm I wonder if guys would have abortions if they got pregnant every time they have sex..
It's usually guys that want to have the unprotected sex, we seem to be the sex of less moral conviction (we commit most rapes, murders).

While there are alot of anti-abortion females, i believe if guys could get pregnant there would be very few anti-abortion males, or perhaps there would simply be less abortions because more support would be in place for single fathers....

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Hmmm I wonder if guys would have abortions if they got pregnant every time they have sex..
It's usually guys that want to have the unprotected sex, we seem to be the sex of less moral conviction (we commit most rapes, murders).

While there are alot of anti-abortion females, i believe if guys could get pregnant there would be very few anti-abortion males, or perhaps there would simply be less abortions because more support would be in place for single fathers....

Wow, that would be such a weird world - men that get pregnant.

And because men govern the high positions in the corporate ladder - suddenly sacraficing this wonderful position for a child and family is suddenly an issue. (Well this is different according to the situation). Suddenly the attention must be shared - the company AND the baby, which isn't (sadly) viewed positively by others.

Anyways, I'm going off topic. I just felt like imagining things...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
the defence is of necessity...

famous case

boat sinks...2 left on the boat...they run out of food..one has to die otherwise they will both die..one needs to kill the other in order to survive....one kills the other...the other survives...

necessity?
i actually agreed with you on that!!lol
there is no point in risking the mothers life.
BUT
in the case of her life not being at risk i think it is wrong. it must be out of necessity but we obviously have different definitions of necessity.

Generator: when i meant physical risk i meant life or death risk. you can get stress and physical and economic rsik without having a baby anyways. i just cant believe yo would kill a life growing in side you because of physical/economic problems. what ever happened to mothers wanting and being protective of their children/foetus

Generator

HSC
N/A
How protective could you possibly be if you could not afford to support the child to the best of your ability?

Edit: This is a capitalistic world, afterall.

Last edited:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
dont you do it everyday you capitalist pig :rolleyes:...
lol i dont actually (well i do indirectly because of the government). i dont have heaps of money but i give atleast 10% of what i have to people who need the money. and i dont go killing people or condone that.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Can we define health?

How healthy is it for a 14 year old girl to carry out pregnancy? (assuming that she had sex over 14 so we don't drag in legal issues) Her body might not be THAT mature, and emotionally and mentally, I assume incapable too, in a general sense.

Just wondering about your thoughts on that. Sorry if it's been raised before!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Alot of women who get abortions are medium-high income earners.
Yet what happens once they accidentally fall pregnant?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Generator said:
How protective could you possibly be if you could not afford to support the child to the best of your ability?
if you were a child i think you would rather live than die even if you didnt have much to live off. it is with age that money becomes more important nad its the parents who often think tha money is more important. millions of single mothers out there cope at least barely and im sure that their kids would agree they are glad they didnt get killed (thats if they have good relationships with their parents i guess lol)

Generator

HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
millions of single mothers out there cope at least barely and im sure that their kids would agree they are glad they didnt get killed (thats if they have good relationships with their parents i guess lol)
Many of them are caught within the welfare trap and appear to be at risk of losing their government support. Hardly coping, don't you think?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yeha alot arent coping financially but thats not always what is most important. i certainly wouldnt as a fetus want ot die because my mother didnt have money. to me it is not an excuse to abort a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)