The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
Ghost in the shell 2

i dl and watched it, very good animation, fills in many missing gas from the old one but still some gaps in the story arnt completely filled

I wont spoil it 4 u ppl

Anyway it has the best visuals as well as the sound quality

Anime like this wipes the crap other B-grade anime series off the table

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is probably a few levels better than the two GitS movies, by virtue of the fact that it has 26 episodes to display mindblowing visuals AND a plot simultaneously, while the two movies were a little short on the story department. :cool:

funniboi

HSC
ah! my goddess is an 5 ep ova / movie

i think this tv series will go on longer tho,

but the ova itself wasn't all that great, i didn't like it all that much...

(maybe because i had a shit quality version of it 1.5years ago)

funniboi

HSC
btw, can anyone guess what anime my sig is from ?

none other then ... KENSHIN

heh,

funniboi

HSC
Is there a series for Ninja Scroll, or is it just the one off movie?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ninja scroll the TV series was created, dont know what happened to it.

AMG the tv series will follow the manga almost directly, whereas the ova wasnt so strict.

Yes the kenshin 1 and 2 volume ovas are still imho the best anime series to have ever been created.

C

CaR

Currently watching a 'relaatively new anime...Final Approach which is hilarious :D must watch!!

illmtl

HSC
I don't have any myself, but my school (my year esp.) has a fully functional anime and manga trade going on.

I love Yami no Matsuei, and Gravitation is pretty good too.

Go the Slanime!

leathaface

Lhyviathan said:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is probably a few levels better than the two GitS movies, by virtue of the fact that it has 26 episodes to display mindblowing visuals AND a plot simultaneously, while the two movies were a little short on the story department. :cool:

The series follows closer to the manga then the movies, which is why Masamune Shirow (the creator of the original Ghost In The Shell comic, and i think Akira comic) didn't really like the movies because the characters was "killed" and turned into emotionalness characters.

But yeah, there really isn't a plot in the Ghost In The Shell movies, or at least there is a so called "story", which is really not-so-movie like. They are stories that work just as well in episodes. Like in the original, they are supposed to take down a hacker named the Puppetmaster, but they don't go into much about that story, and in number two (SPOILER ALERT), they go after Gainoids or whatever they are called (prostitude robots) and investigate why they go berserk, they don't go into much detail about that...

BECAUSE the Ghost In The Shell movies are just a commentary concerning the relationship between machines and man, and life in general.

But Damn, GITS 2: Innocence is an amazing movie, check out Appleseed too, you'd be amazed by the animation.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
thats good news... and disastrous new if it fails! now it might be harder to download it. plus i like the voices as they are. go to narutofan.com for updates. hopefully it will be a success and i'll be able to buy naruto stuff... not that i don't already have naruto stuff ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)