The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
England have had shit spinners ever since the days of Phil Tufnell, and I think they tried a bloke called Richard Dawson. Anyway the england batting lineup have no idea how to play Warne and Mcgrath, I woul dof expected big things from Flintoff but he hasnt shown anything threatening.

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
Summer has come at last
English batsmen - what a farce
Wake me up when the Ashes ends

Like the history has come to pass
Hopes of winning faded so fast

Here comes the rain again
But it just isnt enough
Drenched in defeat again
Becoming who we are
As my memories rest
But never forget we always lost

fuck we were shit

Last edited:

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
WANTED:

English batsmen

Must enjoy walking on and off playing arenas at brisk intervals.

Experience not needed (due to previous failed conquests)

nb. Must own cricket bat and sturdy quality-made helmet.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
WANTED:

English batsmen

Haha, beautiful,

except Bob Woolmer coaches Pakistan and Duncan Fletcher coaches England.

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
WANTED:

English batsmen

i'll play!

DAMMIT i don't have a helmet!

think i'll just borrow trescothick's.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
i reckon it'll be rained out next game, then no3 england will win, than australia will win 4 then rained out.

As Glenn McGrath put it in an interview, he was asks what were his predictions on the outcome of the Ashes (by an Englishman). He replied saying that "Australia will win 5-0 wait... (long pause)... actually it will be 4-0 and the last one will be rained out"

otay

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Thats right! My mistake.

Next test is Saturday right?
next test is next thursday August 4th at Edgbaston.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
copious said:
England have had shit spinners ever since the days of Phil Tufnell, and I think they tried a bloke called Richard Dawson. Anyway the england batting lineup have no idea how to play Warne and Mcgrath, I woul dof expected big things from Flintoff but he hasnt shown anything threatening.
Watch out for Bell!

CuRrYPrIdE

HSC
It seems no team is able to continually apply pressure against Australia, they all have moments when they pose a threat and challenge but they cant maintain that level of cricket...England may be just another one of those teams, India was one not too long ago when they last came to Australia. In the one dayers England played very impressively and showed that they could play as well as Australia-for a little while, it would be great to see another cricketing superpower emerge that can challenge Australia as cricket these days can be boring and way too one-sided when we see Australia always winning. Enland played so crap in the recent test match, dropping crucial 2nd innings catches and batting so poorly that they showed that they are still no match for Australia in real cricket (by real i mean Test) and i predict that the rest of the series may continue on the same note.

Just an opinion.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
No doubt. Despite the fact that Graham Thorpe is one of Warne's 'bunnies' (he's been dismissed so many times by warne) I think he should be in the team for Ian Bell. They need someone with stability and experience to hang around with Kevin Peitersen. Vaughen is out of sorts, and the two openers have no idea atm. Hell, might as well bring Paul Collingwood in, he just hit 180 odd in a county match.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
He's almost as bad as Stephen Fleming when he plays McGrath, hopeless.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
CuRrYPrIdE said:
It seems no team is able to continually apply pressure against Australia, they all have moments when they pose a threat and challenge but they cant maintain that level of cricket...England may be just another one of those teams, India was one not too long ago when they last came to Australia. In the one dayers England played very impressively and showed that they could play as well as Australia-for a little while, it would be great to see another cricketing superpower emerge that can challenge Australia as cricket these days can be boring and way too one-sided when we see Australia always winning. Enland played so crap in the recent test match, dropping crucial 2nd innings catches and batting so poorly that they showed that they are still no match for Australia in real cricket (by real i mean Test) and i predict that the rest of the series may continue on the same note.

Just an opinion.
First Thorpe would have made little diff to the English team, he might score more runs, but winning the test for England --no way u need a little more from other players, so it is better for Bell while he is young to get exp.

The emerging is i think India, recently they have been doing outstanding (since the last world cup) they have a kick ass team and are only lacking some bowlers. They have good mix of youth and exp.All they need is more confidence against australia. not sure how you can compare india to engliand, india is by far better! Evn though the rankings say england as second.

otay

HSC
Master Yoda said:
vaughan chose not 2 play a county match this weekend

pretty bad
i reckon and u see who scored all the runs for his team yorkshire? phil jaques an aussie. Made a double ton. Watch out for this guy, he's only 26 and has to be one of the first names mentioned as replacements for langer and hayde when they retire.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
I hate how the english commentators and supporters tought this team were so great - their as shit as (if not shitter than) the english team australia played in the last ashes series.

Trescothic, Strauss and Vaughan are all Mcgraths bunnies - i always watch in anticipation when mcgrath opens the bowling for that edge which flies 2 first slip....

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Its great also 2 see warney back - isnt it great when hes bowling well 2 a batsmen, passes the bat, tricks em with a flipper and ur just waiitng for him 2 get them out? Reminds me back to his 1998/2003 glory days....

otay

HSC
shady_03 said:
I hate how the english commentators and supporters tought this team were so great - their as shit as (if not shitter than) the english team australia played in the last ashes series.

Trescothic, Strauss and Vaughan are all Mcgraths bunnies - i always watch in anticipation when mcgrath opens the bowling for that edge which flies 2 first slip....
i agree. man for man, only harmy would mak the aussie side prolly at the expense of an out of form gillespie, altho he looked decent last game. if gillespie gets going though, i don't think any1 of the english mob would make it in this aussie side.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
The Australian team wouldnt mind Andrew Flintoff. I swear all they need is a genuined all rounder in the mould of Kallis, Flintoff and Cairns and they would be complete, more than they have been for the last few years.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
yeah, i think the aussie hierarchy still have hopes of watson moulding into a true all-round star. Hes still only 24.
Certainly for one-dayers the only thing the aussies lack is a bowling allrounder. Symonds is doing a sound job now and probably is the answer. But perhaps a bowler with more genuine pace and precision. Shane Lee was good at that job, and also Ian Harvey and Brendan Julian over the years.
Australia really needs a young 19-20 year old coming through who can do this and fill the void that will come after the 07 WC. Its a pity the Aussie team drafts proven stars that debut at 26+ and not up-and-comers. Seems as though its working for now. I fear Michael Clarke will be the first Aussie captain to struggle against England and other countries in the future.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yeah. The problem is that the depth of Australian players is too deep. You can probaly pick an Australia A test/one day squad and they would easily be in the top 3 teams in the world. Theres still guys like Mike/David Hussey who i think are in their late 20's who are waiting to crack the international side. Then you have Phil Jaques who's in his early/mid 20's and could jump right into the one day side. I'm just worried about australian spinners, we might end up like england.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)