the atar estimate craze (1 Viewer)

loz1

HSC
Okayy.. so i admit, even i've posted a thread for people to estimate my atar.. but what it came back with in the low 90's seems quite ridiculous when i myself know that i will only get in the 70's to low 80's.. i think i just needed some reassurance and encouragement but low 90's?! c'mon guys, i now feel sorry for all those people who have their hopes up ridiculously high, the same as what i would have been if i had believed what they had said only to be disappointed when i got my results back.
So please, stop estimating other peoples atars so high, it'll only bring them down in the end.

Finx

HSC
1. Wrong board
2. We know how scaling works
3. Our estimates are usually accurate, given you provide accurate subject and school rankings
4. If you think you'll get 70-80, then you'll get 70-80.

saberbladexx

HSC
1. Wrong board
3. Our estimates are usually accurate, given you provide accurate subject and school rankings
This, the man speaks the truth.

oh yea, 5. You may be a troll :uhhuh:

hollaholla

HSC
I posted up a very similar thread around 5 weeks ago..
i mean what are we...2009ers..we avnt even sat the hsc yet!.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
1. Wrong board
Um I don't think so. I've seen a lot of posts where prediction is ridiculous. OP has a point. Some people just don't know what they're on about.

Just go with what you think you'll get.

Finx

HSC
Um I don't think so. I've seen a lot of posts where prediction is ridiculous. OP has a point. Some people just don't know what they're on about.

Just go with what you think you'll get.
Research it yourself. Look at last year's estimate posts, then look at what people actually got for their UAI. Most reasonable guesses were off by ~3 maximum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)