The Best R&B/Rap/Hip-Hop for 2006 (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
dillian said:
3. Your the one who is the mainstream queen, talking to a bunch of geeks about T.I's latest album, some absolute douche who wears his hat in the supidest way possible, to make lots of money from young girls.
1. get over the backpack mentality. i've been there, it just makes you look as stupid as someone who is extremely mainstream too.

2. jay-z is mainstream, so does liking him make someone a mainstream queen?

3. T.I has a balance between mainstream and southern hip hop. Don't try and discredit him when jay and nas both have mainstream songs too. So don't call him a mainstream queen based on that, if he liked black eyed peas or something that would be a different story,

4. the hat, it's a style in atlanta...i would think that they would look at using 'cunt' in place of 'homie' in aussie hip hop is pretty stupid.

dillian

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
1. get over the backpack mentality. i've been there, it just makes you look as stupid as someone who is extremely mainstream too.

2. jay-z is mainstream, so does liking him make someone a mainstream queen?

3. T.I has a balance between mainstream and southern hip hop. Don't try and discredit him when jay and nas both have mainstream songs too. So don't call him a mainstream queen based on that, if he liked black eyed peas or something that would be a different story,

4. the hat, it's a style in atlanta...i would think that they would look at using 'cunt' in place of 'homie' in aussie hip hop is pretty stupid.
thats great, you can go back to the backpack mentality

because i have no fuckin idea what it is, and have never been there

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
omg mainstream sucks bro omg bno bro ill stick to my jedi mind tricks bro you can have ur T.I bro coz his a pop singer bro cunt cunt cunt thats not hip hop bro.

obviously your not too familiar with hip hop if you don't even know what backpacker means?

otay

HSC
As far as US hip hop,

Mr Lif's new album Mo-Mega is SICK. Great production and lyrics. My pick for album of the year so far.

The Coup's album is also very good.

Fish Scale I was disappointed with. I mean it was still good, but I guess I'm over the whole Wu-Tang gangsta what what? thing.

As far as Aussie hip hop....its all good. Even Chopper's album is a great lsiten (despite the fact he can't rap for shit). The production is awesome and some great guests (NECRO!). And say what you want about the Hoods, but "The Hard Road" is gun. I love singin "What a great nite" after gettin smashed the nite before.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
otay said:
As far as US hip hop,

Mr Lif's new album Mo-Mega is SICK. Great production and lyrics. My pick for album of the year so far.

The Coup's album is also very good.

Fish Scale I was disappointed with. I mean it was still good, but I guess I'm over the whole Wu-Tang gangsta what what? thing.

As far as Aussie hip hop....its all good. Even Chopper's album is a great lsiten (despite the fact he can't rap for shit). The production is awesome and some great guests (NECRO!). And say what you want about the Hoods, but "The Hard Road" is gun. I love singin "What a great nite" after gettin smashed the nite before.
the coups album was awesome

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
jody breeze feat lil wayne - dippin'

holy fuck im obsessed with this song, can't stop playing it. Definently my song of the week :eek:

chopped and screwed chorus + HOT laid back verses + a simple but fucking hot beat (it SORT OF reminds me of 'rubberband man' beat just a tiny bit though) = one fucking hot song.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
jody breeze feat lil wayne - dippin'

holy fuck im obsessed with this song, can't stop playing it. Definently my song of the week :eek:

chopped and screwed chorus + HOT laid back verses + a simple but fucking hot beat (it SORT OF reminds me of 'rubberband man' beat just a tiny bit though) = one fucking hot song.
Nice song.

Some good ones I've heard lately:

Q-tip ft Lateef (produced by DJ Shadow) - Enuff. Love the production. Not a huge fan of the chorus, but its ok. Second verse (I'm 99% sure its Q-Tip. Someone confirm?) is brilliant.
Serius Jones - Ride Out. I've seen him make an ass out of Jin and wanted to see him on a track. He isn't too bad. Wouldn't mind hearing a few songs by him.

edit: 99.99% sure its Q-Tip

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
This is a poll on 96.1's website

Who would you rather see live?

17.6% Jay Z
21.5% DMX
18.3% Ying Yang Twins
1.5% The Alkaholics
41.1% Neyo and Rhianna

more than double the amount of 96.1 fans would rather see ne-yo and rihanna live than jay-z...they would rather see ying yang twins live than jay-z.....THEY DONT EVEN FKN KNOW WHO THE ALKAHOLIS ARE....someone please grab a gun and shoot every 96.1 fan :(

god dammit the fans make me wanna hate rap

Last edited:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
quite evidently, that poll has been voted by teenboppers... we all know the correct order...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Please don't tell me its spelt Alkaholiks wrong on their site. :(

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Ludacris Feat Young Jeezy - Grew Up A Screw Up (biggie sample on the hook)
K-Os - Sunday Morning

HOT, i was bored with the shit ive heard from luda lately (money maker, war with god, tell it like it is) but this is definently fucking awesome.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
governor - son of pain leaked

omg yay ive been waiting for this for AGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

real soul..download it :uhhuh:

anthony hamilton, lyfe jennings, musiq souldchild and governor washington > R'n'B

illmatic

NaS
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
omg mainstream sucks bro omg bno bro ill stick to my jedi mind tricks bro you can have ur T.I bro coz his a pop singer bro cunt cunt cunt thats not hip hop bro.

obviously your not too familiar with hip hop if you don't even know what backpacker means?

youre the biggest backpacker on this forum. wait, why do you hate lloyd banks again but like LL? double standardsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

otay

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
This is a poll on 96.1's website

Who would you rather see live?

17.6% Jay Z
21.5% DMX
18.3% Ying Yang Twins
1.5% The Alkaholics
41.1% Neyo and Rhianna

more than double the amount of 96.1 fans would rather see ne-yo and rihanna live than jay-z...they would rather see ying yang twins live than jay-z.....THEY DONT EVEN FKN KNOW WHO THE ALKAHOLIS ARE....someone please grab a gun and shoot every 96.1 fan :(

god dammit the fans make me wanna hate rap
I imagine if those names were changed to say....Nas, Ghostface Killah, Talid Kweli, MF Doom and TI, then near 40% would rather see TI than the others. Yeah fuck those 96.1 fans.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
LL's a legend

banks is not

i admit, i used to sorta have that attitude but i don't know. stop searching for posts by me and picking them apart kthnxbai.

alright

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
otay said:
I imagine if those names were changed to say....Nas, Ghostface Killah, Talid Kweli, MF Doom and TI, then near 40% would rather see TI than the others. Yeah fuck those 96.1 fans.
fuck it should be 100% nas haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)