• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the BEST thing about ... PHYSICS!!!! (oh and the worst thing?) LOL (1 Viewer)

12345g

HSC
hi im in year 10 i was just wondering...

what is the best thing about physics that you absolutley love LMAO:D

oh and whats the worst thing that makes you pull your hair out and drive you insane which leads you to the corner of the room where you start rolling your thumbs and staring blankly at the wall???:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
hi im in year 10 i was just wondering...

what is the best thing about physics that you absolutley love LMAO:D

Mah mathematics studiez actually helps physics and physics will help my mathematics studies....ermmm electricity and magnets...errmmm cathode ray tubes ...tzzztztztzttzz *imitating electron beam*

oh and whats the worst thing that makes you pull your hair out and drive you insane which leads you to the corner of the room where you start rolling your thumbs and staring blankly at the wall???:eek::eek::eek::eek:

vectors, vectors, vectors, basically the entire Preliminary course almost, utterly boring. hsc course is more funny.

idling fire

HSC
Best - year 12 space topic (so far, anyway)
Worst - when the teacher can't answer your questions (too complex for him lol)

Legham

HSC
Best: The preliminary year when i had a teacher that let us talk about random crap all lesson every lesson.
Worst: My class joining the other class meaning i now have a ghey strict teacher :(

12345g

HSC
Legham said:
Best: The preliminary year when i had a teacher that let us talk about random crap all lesson every lesson.
Worst: My class joining the other class meaning i now have a ghey strict teacher :(
lmao thats a funny one.. haha

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Best: The maths! The calculations! The logic behind it! The fact that you don't have to spend your time studying, studying and studying, but just need to use your head to do well!!

Worst: Teacher's not brilliant (good though), and the guys keep talking, particularly the idiots.

But i love physics, genuinely LOVE it!!

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Its quite a good subject and I find it the most interesting and diverse. It covers a broad range of stuff, and quite a bit of that actually interests me. Hardest part is how in depth it can become and how complicated some forumlas and calculations are.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
BEST: New concepts, new maths, new ideas.

WORST: New concepts, new maths, new ideas.

It's a double-edged sword. But there must have been more good than bad for me to go and want to become a physics teacher :D

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
lol, sif that's really vectors.
basically, i dont liek the preliminary course

S1M0 said:
Best: The maths! The calculations! The logic behind it! The fact that you don't have to spend your time studying, studying and studying, but just need to use your head to do well!!

Worst: Teacher's not brilliant (good though), and the guys keep talking, particularly the idiots.

But i love physics, genuinely LOVE it!!
good to hear, well the idiots (even better if they apply for UAI) will keep your score up at least.

E

efast

f3nr15 said:
good to hear, well the idiots (even better if they apply for UAI) will keep your score up at least.
lol yeah, it could be a benefit if you just ignore the idiots :)

For me the worst is my physics mark is often below average, due to crap textbook and cant remember all the theories

Best: started using the physics Excel book and ignored the main textbook school was using and now my physics mark are catching up very quickly, right to the top of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
efast said:
lol yeah, it could be a benefit if you just ignore the idiots :)

For me the worst is my physics mark is often below average, due to crap textbook and cant remember all the theories

Best: started using the physics Excel book and ignored the main textbook school was using and now my physics mark are catching up very quickly, right to the top of the year.
Because Mr N.W writes the best Excel Study guide I've seen.
If you main textbook is Longman I can quite understand.

Textbook authors exaggerate their textbook content size so "they'll be chock full of info !" .. as my Chemistry teacher says.

Ozza

HSC
Best thing: Everyone else gives up at some stage and never shut-up during the lesson so you can just carve up. But I gotta agree, get something more than the textbook you're given to explain it to you. Mine was Jacaranda, which is easy to get but still too flowery for my liking.

Other best things: Scaleage?

Worst thing: If you do get a class of people who should just drop out (there was only the one class for me so I was stuck either way) it is REALLY hard to learn b/c of all the constant interuptions.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
best - so easy when u know what u r doing. and all the weird physics stories wound into the questions. physics seem to warp the mind.

worst - my teacher. only one physics teacher in whole school now and he's teaching yr 12. so we r stuck with a guy who has to read ahead in the booklet we r doing so he can answer the questions. and im ahead of him so i ask him something and he doesnt know it

HSC
best: the mathsy side (so easy lol)

worst: the memory side, the part that doesnt rely on understanding

JCDenton

HSC
Physics is a great subject if you have a fun teacher. I do all sorts of cool pracs, getting to play with discharge tubes, electricity and other doo-hickies.
Its a straight forward subect in which all you need to do is take down the notes and understand what they mean.

Number one rule with physics is: Never ever go home without understanding everything the teacher said.

If you don't, you will find yourself falling behind very fast and its hard to catch up because most things rely on you understanding the previous thing (ie, you won't know how to do magnetic fields without understanding electricity first).

Vectors were the only thing that I hated, yet they were the only thing that I never understand fully (luckly for me, there was only one big question on vectors and I passed through relativly well).

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Physics has gone too far with the history stuff that now involves the political stuff

JCDenton said:
Physics is a great subject if you have a fun teacher. I do all sorts of cool pracs, getting to play with discharge tubes, electricity and other doo-hickies.
Its a straight forward subect in which all you need to do is take down the notes and understand what they mean.

Number one rule with physics is: Never ever go home without understanding everything the teacher said.

If you don't, you will find yourself falling behind very fast and its hard to catch up because most things rely on you understanding the previous thing (ie, you won't know how to do magnetic fields without understanding electricity first).

Vectors were the only thing that I hated, yet they were the only thing that I never understand fully (luckly for me, there was only one big question on vectors and I passed through relativly well).
Sooo umm ... could you tell me how much X-radiation have you been exposed to ? oh and I dont like vectors either ...

Ozza said:
Best thing: Everyone else gives up at some stage and never shut-up during the lesson so you can just carve up. But I gotta agree, get something more than the textbook you're given to explain it to you. Mine was Jacaranda, which is easy to get but still too flowery for my liking.

Other best things: Scaleage?

Worst thing: If you do get a class of people who should just drop out (there was only the one class for me so I was stuck either way) it is REALLY hard to learn b/c of all the constant interuptions.
That's IF you are above average ...

alez said:
best - so easy when u know what u r doing. and all the weird physics stories wound into the questions. physics seem to warp the mind.

worst - my teacher. only one physics teacher in whole school now and he's teaching yr 12. so we r stuck with a guy who has to read ahead in the booklet we r doing so he can answer the questions. and im ahead of him so i ask him something and he doesnt know it
LOL ... self-teach wins ...

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Ah, vectors. I remember them fondly. But now I look upon them as an everyday thing, especially when I am navigating my shopping trolley down a sloping hill towards the car park. (Truely, I do. Maybe that should go in the "You know your a Physics Nerd when..." thread. hee hee)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
alcalder said:
Ah, vectors. I remember them fondly. But now I look upon them as an everyday thing, especially when I am navigating my shopping trolley down a sloping hill towards the car park. (Truely, I do. Maybe that should go in the "You know your a Physics Nerd when..." thread. hee hee)
i think more of rise over run or a gradients

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
the pracs are soo boring. chem pracs are better

thehootman

HSC
Best: Its easy (for me - 2nd at selective school) and interesting.

Worst: Syllabus is watered down so you end up learning half-truths and lies as opposed to real stuff (eg in motors and generators for induction motors)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)