The best way to remember something that i don't know? (Study) (1 Viewer)

xPhenoms

HSC
Ok so sometimes i get really bad memory with certain things, Which is what i am scared of for the HSC, basically this year since it is Year 12 i am going to pull my thumb out and really do it this year.

So right now since it is break i am using this time to do past HSC papers to kind of study, Right now i am doing the Business Studies 2013 one and i came across a question about something i know i have learn't but i don't remember what the correct answer would be.

Basically what methods can you guys share so i don't forgot it, so for example if i didn't know anything about "Liquidation" in Business Studies, should i just right the definition out 100 times till it sticks?

Thanks

HSC
Writing it out would be a massive waste of time. Read it out loud multiple times and then test yourself by looking away. Not only will you retain more information as opposed to writing, but you will also do it in a shorter amount of time.

Kaido

be.
HSC
Teach it.

If you can teach it to a sibling in a concise and structured manner without them getting lost (unless they're much younger than you) then you're good to go.

Sadly i teach it to the wall. #sadlife

HSC
remembering is understanding
If you can explain something in your own words then you understand it
So using whiteboards, scrap paper, explain the information to yourself
To better remember something, relate it to real life situations or something that you know lots about
keep asking yourself questions and answering them
e.g:
DEFINITION of 'Liquidation'

1. When a business or firm is terminated or bankrupt, its assets are sold and the proceeds pay creditors. Any leftovers are distributed to shareholders.

look at the core word 'liquid' I think of evaporating/ disappearing. To relate to business, how does one disappear? Becoming bankrupt. Then what happens next? assets sold, etc
I don't do business what so ever but because I related this definition with what I know, I remember it now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)