I NEED MONEY, what jobs do u suggest where i will get

1) decent money

2) lots of hours

3) weekend + public holidays work

im willing to work 24 hrs a day if I have to

doe

HSC
N/A
you could try working as a labourer. if you can find people needed on the weekend you could probably get extra pay. its pretty easy to get work that way. or register with an agency and do temping etc.

its hard to say more without knowing your skills/experience.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Gustus said:

1) decent money

2) lots of hours

fidrst u need experience and get accepted into a decent job. so u cant just say thats your option

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i worked from 9am to 12am for scan count at myer. but you had to have a 10 hour break between shifts.

and the easist way for you, if you have no experience, is probably at a supermarket, doing nightfill or something at night. have another job during the day. But you'll burn out really quickly working that much.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Gustus said:

1) decent money

2) lots of hours

Any job will do.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
It is NOT illegal to work 12+ hour shifts just expensive for your employer as you start getting paid a higher rate. The 10 hour break between shifts is the minimum required to stop overtime pay and hours count rolling over from the last shift.

Casuals are generally not employed full-time because full-time worker are cheaper.

My suggestion is a labourer in a factory/farm. The rate is $17+ the hours long and continue regardless of weekends and p/holidays.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
llamalope said:
if ur a casual u can't work more than 20 hours per week....... unless u become a prostitute/stripper. i hear the money is good.
thats a load of crap
my friend got 32 hours at coles this week

Gustus

HSC
Im going to America in about July next year so Im trying to get possibly seasonal work straight after the HSC. Im from the Far North Coast, so Brisbane + GoldCoast is an option.

These farm jobs - does anyone know of any?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Gustus said:
These farm jobs - does anyone know of any?
I'm an egg collector on a chicken farm...pays about $15.30 an hour, time and a half on sat, double time on sunday. Working just a sat and sunday is a guaranteed $400, you only work full 8 hour days most of the time. There's always work, no matter what day of the year and they are pretty flexible. You need your own transport though and it's out in woop woop.

This is in sydney though, but it's a national company (Inghams) so they have farms in brisbane as well.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Originally Posted by llamalope
if ur a casual u can't work more than 20 hours per week.......
well as a christmas casual at myer i had a couple of 60 hour weeks....

and if you're in queensland, there's heaps of like fruit picking jobs and stuff like that around at farms.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Nuh uh, MY penis is bigger because I worked more hours.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Argonaut said:
Between two jobs over Easter I worked double that plus ten. Made a killing but I damn near killed myself ... Wake up at 4am, start first job at 5am, finish at 4.30, start second job at 5pm, finish at 12. Rinse, wash, repeat.
How long did you do that for? I would've been dead after the first day doing that...not even 4 hours sleep :s

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Komaticom said:
Have you tried asking your local butchery or deli shop? Due to the grotty nature of work there your pay will be decent, but you'll need to be able to endure some hardship and be able to pull some weight.
Not necessarily, I used to work in a deli and got 10 bucks an hour :( it was cash in hand though, but still I imagine normal pay would be similar to say supermarkets and other food shops

pete_mate

HSC
Argonaut said:
Between two jobs over Easter I worked double that plus ten. Made a killing but I damn near killed myself ... Wake up at 4am, start first job at 5am, finish at 4.30, start second job at 5pm, finish at 12. Rinse, wash, repeat.
if your working that hard for money, doesnt the fact that you have no free time negate any of the possible benefits of the money, eg. a better looking shirt?

why work so hard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)