The Changing Role Of Region Centers- Assessment (1 Viewer)

n.gallagher

HSC
Hey, I’ve got this assessment 4 geog, and I have absolutely no idea what 2 do….the assessment states:

Urban Place: Explain the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town.
Select a country town as a case study (perhaps Dubbo/Wellington?). The case study should focus on:
The changing economic character, nature and location of residential land, commercial and industrial development of the regional centre and the small town
Growth, development, future trends and ecological sustainability of a regional centre and a small town

The assessment should be in report format of 2500 words. To support your work include the following in your report:
-Spatial dimensions and morphology of the towns
-An analytical interpretation of graphs and photographs
-Geographic terms and data
-Bibliography and referencing
-Answer the question

Any information would be much appreciated…cuz my teacher's no help at all

Emmy-Lou**1989

HSC
Regional centres have populations of approximately 20 000 to 50 000 people. Exampels in NSW include; Dubbo, Tamworth, Wagga and Orange.
Small towns generally have populations well below 10 000 people. Examples in NSW include; Wellington, Tumut and Canowindra.

Generally speaking regional centres are growing at the expense of small towns.

A trend in recent times has been for regional centres to grow in terms of business and population. They are attracting people, business and jobs from both larger cities (such as Sydney) and surrounding smaller towns.

I don't know how much that will help you...if you have any more questions just PM me. I have a basic case study on Dubbo that might be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)