The Chaser's War on Everything (1 Viewer)

lego

HSC
N/A
intelligent political satire doesn't directly translate to being elitist you chump

how would they not keep their original audience by maintaining their original format?

they haven't expanded their audience, they've completely changed their target group.

either way, they're douchebags, and julian is my cousin so wotev.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
intelligent political satire doesn't directly translate to being elitist you chump
True. But intelligent political satire clearly doesn't try and target the general market. And those who unable to understand the content are alienated from the text. Hence, it is partially elistist.

how would they not keep their original audience by maintaining their original format?
I was refering to their new audience. Purely bad bad phrasing on my part.

they haven't expanded their audience, they've completely changed their target group.
A lot of their original audience are still with them. They've broadened their market by appealing to a larger range of people. They haven't completely changed markets.

L

Leckzie

they were trying far to hard... it was shit.
no offence, but like the footprints skit was crap. you can tell they had shit all material coz they had to revert to a RELIGIOUS POEM! THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOREVER!
it was just...really, really bad...i dont think ill be watching this season. I still reckon those boys are awesome. and if i continue watching i will be forced to dislike them...

HSC
I think lego hasn't got the cameo she wanted.

I was at the first taping and being there live is hilarious, great experience.
A few chuckle moments but otherwise it wasn't too bad. They cut some material from the night that I thought was really good so I guess it will show up in later epps.

Definitely glad they are back.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
Wipe out Palestine.
lol

edit: Clare the bogan skit was the best tbh.

BOSSSSS

HSC
Chaser's episode last night reached 1.5 million viewers!

gella

HSC
they were trying far to hard... it was shit.
no offence, but like the footprints skit was crap. you can tell they had shit all material coz they had to revert to a RELIGIOUS POEM! THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOREVER!
it was just...really, really bad...i dont think ill be watching this season. I still reckon those boys are awesome. and if i continue watching i will be forced to dislike them...
i thought you fucked off out of here

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
it was terrible.
only funny bit was "wipe out pakistan"

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
You didn't like the KKK bit?

"Why are you wearing pink?"

"Well, my wife washed my robe with a red sweater. More proof that colours shouldn't be mixed with whites!"
oh yeah that was alright i guess
lol at andrew's hair

5233andy

HSC
The main Chaser's segment in which I find enjoyable would be their 'Road Ad Tests'.

And yes, their latest episode was quite bland...

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
come on guys, the open mic segment was pretty hilarious!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)