The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

izzy88

HSC
ah has everyone got their group certificates? I thought they were mailed out, but i'm still waiting- did people get them mailed or did you collect them at work?

i haven't been there in about a month-and-a half/2 months because i've been away and I was hoping it would come in the mail. oh well. guess i'll follow up when i'm back.

jirwin

HSC
ah has everyone got their group certificates? I thought they were mailed out, but i'm still waiting- did people get them mailed or did you collect them at work?

i haven't been there in about a month-and-a half/2 months because i've been away and I was hoping it would come in the mail. oh well. guess i'll follow up when i'm back.
Yea got mine a fortnight ago - collected it from work. Pretty sure they are only mailed out if you are no longer an employee there.

izzy88

HSC
Yea got mine a fortnight ago - collected it from work. Pretty sure they are only mailed out if you are no longer an employee there.
opps. thanks. i thought it was mailed out last year but perhaps i was wrong. oh well. I'll collect it when i'm in next. not sure if i'm actually working there anymore- i've been off the roster for a while, but haven't formally quit or anything. should probably figure out what i'm doing.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
A coles in Lonnie got held up at knife point by two 15 year old girls on Monday. They demanded various packets of cigarettes and then ran off. Lulz.

Probs not lulz for the people at the service desk though.

Trentyboi

HSC
A coles in Lonnie got held up at knife point by two 15 year old girls on Monday. They demanded various packets of cigarettes and then ran off. Lulz.

Probs not lulz for the people at the service desk though.

providing cigarettes to minors

Kego

HSC
Grrr! I got my rejection email yesterday. :burn::burn::burn:

I asked for feedback and the response I got was that I had a 'very positive interview'. But it was irrelevant because the store manager (who wasn't even present at the time - this is from the recruiter) judged the applicants solely on work experience.

Considering the minimum working age is 14/15... Any 16 year old or under and has had 'work experience' is most likely a lousy worker anyway, seeing as they got fired/quit after a short duration.
Oh btw, I guess a few years of volunteer work mean absolutely squat, because y'know you learn heaps from stacking shelves at Woolies! Or where ever these kids got their experience from (most were private school kids, so I guess they got a reference from daddy's company).

Complete BS honestly, the recruiter himself admits that I didn't get the cut, but was deserving of it (f#%king manager).

Some guy's gonna retain my application and they'll be discussing my application with other stores when they recruit in Aug/Sept.

COLES YOU CAN TAKE YOUR JOB AND STICK IT UP YOUR... :haha:

xxx

Thank you for the e-mail.

The feedback provided by xxx, who interviewed you, was very positive. However, the xxx store reduced the number of new team members required and this left us with the dilemma of deciding who misses out that was otherwise deserving.

In the end, the store manager (who was not present at the interviews) made a decision based on experience. While this is disappointing for you, your application will be retained by xxx at the xxx store for any future vacancies. We also plan to discuss your application with other stores in the area. They are not currently recruiting but plan to do so in August/September.

Regards,

xxx
Copy of 'feedback aka slack manager who can't count funds properly'

/rant

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Oh btw, I guess a few years of volunteer work mean absolutely squat, because y'know you learn heaps from stacking shelves at Woolies! Or where ever these kids got their experience from (most were private school kids, so I guess they got a reference from daddy's company).

/rant
Yes. Yes, all private school kids' parents own large companies. That is definitely why you missed out.

Kego

HSC
Wow you always sync perfectly with my posts, do I have a subscriber? :)

And according to the recruiter, I missed out due to lack of work experience as a 16 year old looking for a first job... Hmm. And all this time I grew up thinking volunteer work may actually mean something. Y'know helping a year 7 who was failing maths to becoming pretty efficient at it doesn't mean anything yeah? Or I dunno, helping the less fortunate via the Salvos, soup vans, organizing fundraisers, etc, etc or even taking control of year 7/8 classes.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Wow you always sync perfectly with my posts, do I have a subscriber? :)

And according to the recruiter, I missed out due to lack of work experience as a 16 year old looking for a first job... Hmm. And all this time I grew up thinking volunteer work may actually mean something. Y'know helping a year 7 who was failing maths to becoming pretty efficient at it doesn't mean anything yeah? Or I dunno, helping the less fortunate via the Salvos, soup vans, organizing fundraisers, etc, etc or even taking control of year 7/8 classes.
Lolz. No i don't know how to subscribe to people.

Sorry i've had enough private school bashing for one week.

Well if you are a keen volunteer I would advise against being a compliant slave to the unfeeling, uncaring corporation that is Australia's second-largest retailer. Get a job at a bookstore or Aboriginal law centre or somewhere rewarding (smiley face)

HSC
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I'm kind of glad that stores aren't hiring MORE casuals when the ones they've got are getting ZERO hours. Anyone else agree?

bdude

HSC
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I'm kind of glad that stores aren't hiring MORE casuals when the ones they've got are getting ZERO hours. Anyone else agree?
I agree, but you don't know the situation in that particular store, they might have needed some more casuals.

I'm glad I do my two face-up shifts each week - even though it's a shit job It's good to have a reasonable level of minimum hours each week. It's quite funny that I haven't had a Service shift in over two weeks.

laniani

HSC
so. coles is giving me 2/3 max shifts a week, depending on the week. so generallly 6-11 hours....im wanting to work more as im not at uni this year.
am i allowed to work at another coles as well? while keeping the same amount of shifts as my original?

and is it in my contract that I can't go join like...safeway and work with them as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)