The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

Zozo6969

HSC
do they normally charge you when they change the uniform?
They usually ask you for the $12 or so it costs for a shirt, but by law (i think its a federal govt. thing for any job not just in the award) they cant force u to buy a shirt with their special branding or logo on it that is required to be worn at work. if u refuse to buy it they will give u one for free anyway, just wear a white shirt in the meantime.

this is what happened when we used to have to wear a white shirt and black tie and look like jehovahs witnesses. when the blue shirts came in, everyone that didnt buy one just wore the shirt and tie until they wanted everyone wearing blue so they gave it to them for free.

DEL1200

HSC
N/A
Started wearing the Brown Polo shirts this week where I work. Everyone will be given a certain amount of shirts for free to replace the blue / white ones. I think it is two for casuals, three for part times and four for full timers.

bdude

HSC
Started wearing the Brown Polo shirts this week where I work. Everyone will be given a certain amount of shirts for free to replace the blue / white ones. I think it is two for casuals, three for part times and four for full timers.
I hope they start rolling them out soon. Polo shirts would be good for summer.

bouncingfire

HSC
Has anyone's register started to randomly beep, it happened to me today(2nd time). No one in the store knows what the cause is and almost all the registers have done it and some stage. What we had to do was restart the register and it then stop. Anyone know what it means?

bdude

HSC
Has anyone's register started to randomly beep, it happened to me today(2nd time). No one in the store knows what the cause is and almost all the registers have done it and some stage. What we had to do was restart the register and it then stop. Anyone know what it means?
I think it's something to do with the back-up battery.

DEL1200

HSC
N/A
I hope they start rolling them out soon. Polo shirts would be good for summer.
They are made from quite a thick material but they weren't too bad to wear in the heat on the way to work. I'm more concerned about winter next year since we won't be able to wear long sleeve shirts.

How old are your scanners ? It was a common problem with the scanners at my work till they were replaced. I don't know the cause.

Last edited:
HSC
They are made from quite a thick material but they weren't too bad to wear in the heat on the way to work. I'm more concerned about winter next year since we won't be able to wear long sleeve shirts.
The Coles staff in my centre are either wearing long sleeved black tees underneath, or Woolen jumpers over the top.

bouncingfire

HSC
How old are your scanners ? It was a common problem with the scanners at my work till they were replaced. I don't know the cause.
As far as I know they are the same ones when the store opening up bout 2 years ago, so relatively new I guess.

bdude

HSC
Whose store is doing "brand ambassador"? I had to spend 2 hours today asking people if they'd like to try my french stick (and no, that's not a euphemism)

proringz

HSC
Yeah the registers at my store always beep randomly, pretty funny since it beeps when no ones even there

Whose store is doing "brand ambassador"? I had to spend 2 hours today asking people if they'd like to try my french stick (and no, that's not a euphemism)
Yeah, I had to do that on saturday, except for me it was 4 hours and not only french sticks but freshly baked cookies (M & Ms, double choc, choc chip and anzac) and also the mudcake

bdude

HSC
Yeah, I had to do that on saturday, except for me it was 4 hours and not only french sticks but freshly baked cookies (M & Ms, double choc, choc chip and anzac) and also the mudcake
Well, I was just doing it because they needed the girl who was doing it to sell cigarettes. She had a full 5 hour shift of it, and there's another guy who does 2x3hr shifts and one girl who does it for a few hours a week as well.

The bread sticks were annoying because you'd have to keep buttering more and putting ham on them (only $7.99/kg in the Deli department ;) )

proringz

HSC
The bread sticks were annoying because you'd have to keep buttering more and putting ham on them (only $7.99/kg in the Deli department ;) )
lol yeah, mine was only buttering no ham

laniani

HSC
my reg started talking to me the other day....was a bit interesting
supervisor looked just as confused as I was
no idea what it said, but figured all I had to do to make it shut up was reset the scales

bdude

HSC
Yeah sometimes the barcode scanner will say something like "scanner needs to be cleaned" if it thinks it's dirty - i've had it happen a few times before

kaylalala

HSC
Just had my second shift tonight.
I'm wondering about pay day and such.
I had my induction Sunday which we were told we'd be paid for 4 and a half hours. I had a 3 hours shift Tuesday and a three hour shift tonight (Friday).
I haven't been paid for anything.
So what is the pay day for Coles? Should I have been paid? Or will I get paid next week.
Also, do you get a pay slip? Do you have to go collect it/ask for it or do they give it to you? Etc. I haven't been told any of this, and this is my first job.

bdude

HSC
Payday is officially Wednesday, however my bank (ANZ) usually gets the money by 8pm tuesday and some banks don't get the money until Thursday.

Which department are you in? I'm in Service so the supervisor usually has the payslips ready for when you go to find out which register you're on otherwise I believe they're in the POS room.

And there are two parts to your induction: the online training stuff which I think the 4.5 hours comes from, and then your in-store inductions which you should get paid for.

kaylalala

HSC
I'm working in the Deli. Have our own manager in there and such though I haven't been told about payslips.
We were told we were getting paid for the in-store induction, and I've been told I have to do the online one once I get my employer number, which I haven't yet. I've been told it takes about 6 hours.

So should I have been paid for the Sunday and Tuesday, or would I get paid next Wednesday for the lot?

jirwin

HSC
I'm working in the Deli. Have our own manager in there and such though I haven't been told about payslips.
We were told we were getting paid for the in-store induction, and I've been told I have to do the online one once I get my employer number, which I haven't yet. I've been told it takes about 6 hours.

So should I have been paid for the Sunday and Tuesday, or would I get paid next Wednesday for the lot?
I usually get paid on the Tuesday night like bdude mentioned, but sometimes a few days later - particularly if the Monday has been a public holiday.

You are paid for the week beginning Monday and ending Sunday. So one pay would be the Sunday, then the Tuesday would be in your next pay. As you've just started you might receive it all at once. I know I had an issue with my bank details so I wasn't paid for 2 weeks (I did go on holidays the day after induction so it wasn't sorted until I got back) - fixed up my bank details and was paid that very day.

At my store there is a little box for the payslips outside the main office (out the back) so we just go there and get it ourselves. It's sorted by departments and then alphabetically so its pretty easy to find.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)