The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
I've had an increase in the number of customers that say they've left their bags in their car. I wonder how many of those are lies.

zobothebobo

HSC
Probably all of them are lying. Customers either get really angry or look really guilty or say they left them at home or in the car. I'm over asking people already and it's only been two shifts. It was even worse because I was on express today. I stopped asking after awhile.

jirwin

HSC
Found out today that my CSM is leaving - starts at her new store on Monday. Hope the new CSM gives me good shifts, took over a year before my current CSM stopped giving me the crappy night shifts!

bdude

HSC
OMG tonight was the best bludge shift ever!! there were way too many operators on and hardly any customers. I spent about half an hour trying to sell bunches of flowers for $2.00. Apparently my voice has a "bouncy" quality to it over the PA :S

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
yeh it's funny how half the people you ask for green bags seem to have left them at home or what have you. i don't really care i'm just asking coz i have to!

bdude

HSC
I got rostered for an 8-hour shift next saturday (normally I only get like 4/5hours and 8hours if they ask me to come in early) because about 3/4 of our store's junior staff have taken the weekend off to go to MS Fest

greekgun

HSC
Loving the hours im getting atm. Alot of the kids are going back to school soon, so the hours are getting cut which means more for those who dont go back to uni til march with a fuckload of hours. :D

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hey guys. If I applied for a job at Coles (Delicatessen 2IC) today, would it be inappropriate for me to visit the store during the day tomorrow in business attire to speak to the Store Manager/Fresh Food trading manager?
I heard somewhere that Coles does have a walk-in policy?

richyboy007

HSC
Hey guys. If I applied for a job at Coles (Delicatessen 2IC) today, would it be inappropriate for me to visit the store during the day tomorrow in business attire to speak to the Store Manager/Fresh Food trading manager?
lol why do you want to be deli 2ic? you're already bakery 2ic at woolworths! and the pay is crap, only 103% of the service assistant rate. but then again coles is awesome, so yeh. just go into the store, talk to store manager or ssm and you should be good :) what store is this?

bdude

HSC
I guess that couldn't hurt, I'd just make sure to try and go at a quiet period where the Deli manager would have time to talk to you.

jirwin

HSC
Got a new CSM yesterday. She seems nice except for the crack down on uniform. My pants are inappropriate apparently despite just being pure black. Apparently they are jeans/cargos - they are neither, just a thicker material then what the other girls wear. :( I like my pants very much, I don't want to have to buy new pants.

Batmatton

HSC
N/A
Hi guys. Recently I was with my girlfriend who was caught shoplifting at coles. Wasn't anything serious, she just ate a pack of biscuits in the shop and was still eating some as she left. The store took down her details and whatever.

The problem for my friend is that she works in a coles herself (different location). As she studies and needs some sort of income, how safe is her job? Is coles known to sack people outright for this? Or will the store she works at not necessarily hear about this?

Thanks

bdude

HSC
The problem for my friend is that she works in a coles herself (different location). As she studies and needs some sort of income, how safe is her job? Is coles known to sack people outright for this? Or will the store she works at not necessarily hear about this?
Did she identify herself as a Coles employee? If they did find out I would say it would be a sackable offence - employee theft would be a serious matter. We have enough problems trying to contain shoplifiting without having employees doing it.

You also might want to look at section 3.8.1 of the Award Re: Security procedure.

Batmatton

HSC
N/A
Did she identify herself as a Coles employee? If they did find out I would say it would be a sackable offence - employee theft would be a serious matter. We have enough problems trying to contain shoplifiting without having employees doing it.

You also might want to look at section 3.8.1 of the Award Re: Security procedure.
She didn't identify herself as a Coles employee. I'm just thinking that they might have put her details in a database of shoplifting offenders. Perhaps this database coincides with there employee database? I'm not too sure.

Thanks, i'll give that a read.

jirwin

HSC
She didn't identify herself as a Coles employee. I'm just thinking that they might have put her details in a database of shoplifting offenders. Perhaps this database coincides with there employee database? I'm not too sure.

Thanks, i'll give that a read.
Did she intend to pay for them?

Considering she is an employee, she should know better...

bdude

HSC
I was going to mention that, there's a difference between shoplifting and forgetting to pay for something you've eaten along the way.

Batmatton

HSC
N/A

Considering she is an employee, she should know better...
Sadly not. We purchased some other stuff from the store but she just ate the biscuits rather than purchasing them. It was considered shoplifting and the security asked her if she took something she didn't pay for and she replied honestly and said 'yes'. It was dealt as shoplifting (fair enough). I'm just wandering if Coles will figure out if she's an employee of theirs too.

And she should know better. She's learnt something from this atleast.

Last edited:

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Getting a transfer to fitzroy Coles, block away from smith st lol
here i come drug fucked zombies
i spose its not much different to coles in lavvy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)