The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
Sadly not. We purchased some other stuff from the store but she just ate the biscuits rather than purchasing them. It was considered shoplifting and the security asked her if she took something she didn't pay for and she replied honestly and said 'yes'. It was dealt as shoplifting (fair enough). I'm just wandering if Coles will figure out if she's an employee of theirs too.

And she should know better. She's learnt something from this atleast.
How old is your friend? And more importantly... how can she eat a whole packet of biscuits that fast!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
lol why do you want to be deli 2ic? you're already bakery 2ic at woolworths! and the pay is crap, only 103% of the service assistant rate. but then again coles is awesome, so yeh. just go into the store, talk to store manager or ssm and you should be good :) what store is this?
Bakery 2IC with Woolies isn't a permanent role. Currently it's relief, and while they ARE trying to find me a permanent role, it's not definite, and it will probably not be near my home.

It's at the Roselands store. Like I said, it's not probable I'll get it, but applying on a whim/kinda really wanting it heh.

richyboy007

HSC
Bakery 2IC with Woolies isn't a permanent role. Currently it's relief, and while they ARE trying to find me a permanent role, it's not definite, and it will probably not be near my home.

It's at the Roselands store. Like I said, it's not probable I'll get it, but applying on a whim/kinda really wanting it heh.
Ah i see. That's sorta like me, I'm Acting 2IC and now that I've been doing it, I want to continue it lol but come mid March I will just go back to being Supervisor :( kinda gay, but meh life goes on lol. Hmm Roselands is pretty close to you, I think if you really want the job, go into the store, talk to the Deli Manger/Store Manager/SSM straight away, get along with them well, tell them about what you're currently doing and how much you would love the job and be able to improve the department and such, just go with the flow :)

richyboy007

HSC
Yeah, but I'll miss it. I liked doing all the management stuff, now I'll just me stuck supervising for hours apon hours. I guess I should be happy that I had the chance to do what I did, and I improved some things, which makes me feel good lol. Come work at my store! We need a Deli 2IC.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah, but I'll miss it. I liked doing all the management stuff, now I'll just me stuck supervising for hours apon hours. I guess I should be happy that I had the chance to do what I did, and I improved some things, which makes me feel good lol. Come work at my store! We need a Deli 2IC.
Sooooo far away man. Fuck that!

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
im moving away to go to uni and i had an interview with a manager in my current store about transfering. as i left she awkwardly refers to me by name...excpet she got the name wrong. This is not the first time she has done this. im so screwed, hopefully i still get a transfer

bouncingfire

HSC
asking everybody for greenbags is really annoying. Any tips for spotting a mystery shopper

bdude

HSC
asking everybody for greenbags is really annoying. Any tips for spotting a mystery shopper
I don't. I'm so rebel.

Also, how annoying is the reminder to "Please ask customers for their FlyBuys card"?

greekgun

HSC
Eh - asking for FB is easy, u just get into a habbit of it, but those damn greenbags is bullshit - why should we try and guilt people into a lifestyle choice? So i dont ask for them - and i guess mystery shoppers make alot of eye contact, watch what ur doing alot, dont ignore u like some customers (like there responsive when u ask them "Hi how are you?") etc. But thats just general speculation.

Edit: and yeah, being reminded to ask for FB is annoying as hell, do they think we're little kids? and its annoying when the CSM asks us at the start of every fucking shift to watch out for mystery shoppers.

bdude

HSC
Edit: and yeah, being reminded to ask for FB is annoying as hell, do they think we're little kids? and its annoying when the CSM asks us at the start of every fucking shift to watch out for mystery shoppers.
Our CSM doesn't do that much in the way of reminding about stuff like that. I meant the little text screen that sits where the scanned items go before you scan the first itme.

richyboy007

HSC
Is it only Sydney Coles' that are being bought by Foodworks?
Nah only 19 out of the 45 are from NSW, of which only like 9 are in Sydney. I was so glad when I found out that my store wasn't being sold to them!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Nah only 19 out of the 45 are from NSW, of which only like 9 are in Sydney. I was so glad when I found out that my store wasn't being sold to them!
Oh ok, fair enough. The Riverwood one (right near my house) is being changed over this week!

bouncingfire

HSC
The flybuys thing ticks me off as well, most of the time i forget to ask. This one time I scanned in about $60 worth of groceries for this lady, she paid and I didn't ask her for flybuys. Just as she started to walk away she suddenly turned around and walks back and goes off her nut because I didn't ask her for flybuys.

some people................

bdude

HSC
The flybuys thing ticks me off as well, most of the time i forget to ask. This one time I scanned in about $60 worth of groceries for this lady, she paid and I didn't ask her for flybuys. Just as she started to walk away she suddenly turned around and walks back and goes off her nut because I didn't ask her for flybuys.
Response: "I'm sorry about that, if you go up to the service desk they can add the points on..... ooh look here's a customer, how are you today?"

richyboy007

HSC
And how they always want it scanned for something that costs $1. Hellooooo it's a $5 minimum before you get any points. Arghhh customers annoy me at times. If I forget to ask them for it, or they forget about it and want it added I just pretend to do it if its like $30 or less lol 'sif they'll even know. But if it's more I always add it, makes them happy, and that's the main thing i guess.

bouncingfire

HSC
the whole systems a joke anyway, what is it? like you need to spend $15k to get a $50 voucher. Sure some poeple might say 'well iam going to need to shop anyway' if you were to shop around you would probably save more.......

bdude

HSC
My position is that if you're a regular Coles Group store shopper then it can't hurt to sign up and see if you can get something - just don't change your shopping habits.

IMO the Coles Card — currently TAS-only — is a much better offer, and I hope they roll it out nationwide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)