The 'Context' (1 Viewer)

ChaosTheory V2

HSC
I'm currently doing my first english assesment which is due in a few weeks and for it we have to pick a related text and we have to explain the 'context' of the related material.
I'm not really sure what they mean about the context and what I can write for it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Context is the background of the text. You can explain context in terms of history, society, culture etc. For example, if you read some recounts of soldiers in the Vietnam War, then the historical context would be in the Cold War when Communism and Capitalism (political ideals) were in 'headlock'. If you see some propaganda text about the Iraq war, then the context is a modern society dominated by terrorism and war. These are just brief outlines of context, so you have to expand on those ideas.
Understanding the context of the author is beneficial because it allows you to understand his or her purpose and audience in composing the text. Therefore, you should be relating context to audience and purpose.

ChaosTheory V2

HSC
Trebla said:
Context is the background of the text. You can explain context in terms of history, society, culture etc. For example, if you read some recounts of soldiers in the Vietnam War, then the historical context would be in the Cold War when Communism and Capitalism (political ideals) were in 'headlock'. If you see some propaganda text about the Iraq war, then the context is a modern society dominated by terrorism and war. These are just brief outlines of context, so you have to expand on those ideas.
Understanding the context of the author is beneficial because it allows you to understand his or her purpose and audience in composing the text. Therefore, you should be relating context to audience and purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)