The dying days of the HSC. (1 Viewer)

aspirational

HSC
The HSC in all its infamous glory.

Ahhh yes here it comes…can you hear it? The sound of a thousand crying individuals who did not perform up to their true potential on their HSC. Now don’t get me wrong, in some cases people who tend to lose concentration and end up with a disgusting ATAR genuinely have something that is deteriorating there focus and study patterns. Its life, shit happens.

But then there are those who just really couldn’t give a fuck in the end, they tried their little hearts out yet could not succeed in securing those precious marks they needed. So as you sit here reading this sentence I hope you are able to generate an image in your mind that captures the true essence of the fact that there are those in this world who will be receiving their ATAR early December and who will be devastated by what they see.

Now my question is, for those who do NOT perform to their true potential on their HSC due to whatever it may be as their chosen reason if any. Is there any chance to be able to gain entry to a University? I understand that University isn’t for everyone but for those who had dreams of achieving this step in life from as young as the age twelve is there any chance?

Now before you begin posting your “OP IS RETARDED” replies and such…take into consideration that yes I do understand what TAFE and secondary forms of education are. I just need that little extra piece of information that can help close the link.

So I have composed a few questions for you kids to answer or try anyway….that may complete the entire puzzle.

NOTE: I tried to be as general as possible so that the answers to these questions may benefit everyone.

------

1. How do I get into TAFE and why would I?

2. Does TAFE offer pathways to every course that is available at Universities?

3. How much does TAFE cost?

4. How long must I attend TAFE before being allowed to transfer to the University of my Choice?

5. Is the transfer a 100% guaranteed outcome for those who attend TAFE?

6. What else can I do/Attend to give me a pathway to University? (Colleges etc?)

7. Can I pay to get into University straight after the HSC?

8. What is the minimum ATAR requirement to be chosen for TAFE/alternate methods of education? (If any)

9. Do you need to do anything extra in relation to TAFE/alternate methods of education to able to transfer to University?

10. SCENARIO: You gain a bad ATAR yet have aspirations of doing oohhh let’s say /b/ law @ Usyd. What is the likeliness of that?

Psychology

HSC
Listen. You may have fucked up everything prior to now, but the worst thing you can ever do is throw in the towel. We still have 9 weeks to the HSC. Focus on study for these 9 remaining weeks like Jesus come, and pray to God you get into at least a minimal course at uni, then attempt a transfer later on.

Uni to uni or uni course to uni course transfer is much easier than TAFE to uni which as I hear is nearly impossible.

Gotta put it all in now. If you gain a bad ATAR then doing /b/ law @ Usyd sadly is a distant dream, but as much as people me demoralise your confidence, reality is, if you want something, do whatever it takes and go get it! No matter how long it may take. Sometimes being realistic sucks out too much motivation that you end up not even achieving the smallest possibilities.

HSC
Uni Grad
Do your best now, you seriously do not want to lose all these potential opportunities for uni. That is what I tell myself. It would be much much harder otherwise.

Otherwise, go for whatever you want to do :)

enoilgam

HSC
I can only answer a few of your questions

6) You can try insearch at UTS or TEP at Notre Dame. I'm not to sure what insearch involves but I know that with TEP, if you pass the course (which is fairly easy to do) you get accept into Notre Dame straight away. Also, the TEP program is free.

8) I dont think there is an ATAR requirement for TAFE. Remember, not everyone who gets a HSC is eligible for an ATAR.

10) You have to be realistic. If you cannot manage to make it into university directly from High school, then it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to make it into a top tier degree like medicine or law.

To get into university anywhere, I'd say you would need a bare minimum ATAR of 60. If you cannot achieve 60, then university may not be for you. University is unlike TAFE, where you work at a much slower pace. Even to complete a lowly arts degree requires a certain amount of effort and personal apptitude, it is not as simple as people make out. So when you get your results, you need to seriously consider whether university is for you. In saying that try and remember that university isnt a must. As more and more people are going for degrees, demand is growing for tradesmen and in other careers which only require TAFE qualifications. So my advice to you would be to also look at careers which do not require university qualifications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)