The effectiveness of Energy Drinks/Energy-charged food before an Exam? (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
Currently studying for an exam, and I know I'll probably go to sleep at around 12-1am.

Considering that I will have a good, big, nutritious breakfast, would having an additional energy drink before the exam (Red Bull, Mother) help perk me up just for that 2 hour period I need to complete it? I know I shouldn't be relying on energy drinks, just don't want to fall asleep during exam.

And what's your opinion on energy drinks for exams?

seakebab

HSC
NOOOOOOOOOO ENERGY DRINKS. Water is the way to go, water makes my brain move and flow with energies brimming with intelligence.

:hammer:

jessi90

HSC
while water is good for you, it does not turbo charge you like energy drinks do. just make sure you visit the toilet before the exam starts

bineal

HSC
stop studying for eco

and energy drinks suck balls, they taste like shit and make you die.

I agree with seakebab, drink heaps of water

bawd

HSC
jessi90 said:
while water is good for you, it does not turbo charge you like energy drinks do. just make sure you visit the toilet before the exam starts
Doesn't that just pee out all my energy?

And shut up Kebabs and Bineal.

johony

HSC
i've tried the energy drink before an exam thing - it makes me really panicky and a tad unfocused, and really does nothing to improve your performance in exam.

just solid study and a big breakfast will do you fine.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I always drink one before an English exam - you can write so much. :p

I don't take one for any other exams though.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
johony said:
i've tried the energy drink before an exam thing - it makes me really panicky and a tad unfocused, and really does nothing to improve your performance in exam.

just solid study and a big breakfast will do you fine.
I usually either have coffee or water before exams.

HSC
energy drinks are mainly for physical activity so unless you plan on running during an exam dont drink them. water is the best way to go - courtesy of my PE teacher lol

EPHS '09

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Water is the best. Energy drinks or caffeine makes it worse.

bubblesss

HSC
water is the best!!! even though sometimes i get a can of coke b4 the exams to keep myself happy and not collapse.

-tal-

HSC
Yeah, they work really well (for me anyways). But only in moderation more than 1 bottle makes you uncalm and unfocused, like you're "thinking too fast".

Other than that, it's like magic, the extra speed helps (esp in writing based subjects & maths)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
water, energy drinks are an electrolyte an imbalance of electrolyte can cause dehydration which can cause an unfocused mind. & they can also provide a sugar "high" which will make you "come down" after a hour or so.
Many also act as a dietretic, so i just stick to water or if anything furit juice before hand and take a bottle of water in with me to replenish my energy levels during the exam

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
See I imagine that you may feel buzzed for a while, but you'll just crash in the second hour of the exam.

It's why I cannnnot eat lollies before a lecture. I fall asleep 30 minutes in.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Energy drinks and stuff don't really affect me - like I've tried it once...
I don't end up burning out - but i don't think it helps.

I like coffee though... keeps me awake and I find it pretty nice to have in the morning.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Should try drinking Mother, the new 500mL one
Works like a charm
I drank it the night before at around 11ish and fit in 8 hours of cram study for English.. Only to crash at the exam ==;; I was only mildly tired during the exam so all is well
It actually works, I've tried V and Red Bull, Mother keeps you awake and focused =D

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
youngminii said:
Should try drinking Mother, the new 500mL one
Works like a charm
I drank it the night before at around 11ish and fit in 8 hours of cram study for English.. Only to crash at the exam ==;; I was only mildly tired during the exam so all is well
It actually works, I've tried V and Red Bull, Mother keeps you awake and focused =D
Hmm... I'll keep that in mind.

Wonder if it's really the drink that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)