the enrolment preparation session (1 Viewer)

HSC
Mine is on monday.

I was wondering what the session is about. It starts at 8:30am... And I live very far away (Manly area). So I don't know if I'll be able to get there in time.

then the academic advisers, who are they? what are they going to do? Should I learn more about my courses and my units choices and my timetables for that session? (if yes, then I won't be sleeping tomo night...)

X

xeuyrawp

MoonLiteDreamz said:
Mine is on monday.

I was wondering what the session is about. It starts at 8:30am... And I live very far away (Manly area). So I don't know if I'll be able to get there in time.

then the academic advisers, who are they? what are they going to do? Should I learn more about my courses and my units choices and my timetables for that session? (if yes, then I won't be sleeping tomo night...)
Definitely try to get there on time.

Academic advisers are people who talk with you about your selected units and enrolment. I believe you will need to get your proposed study approved by one. Usually they have one adviser per department. This is not only the time when you're getting your initial units approved, but when you'll have the opportunity to ask questions on a one-on-one basis.

You should be as knowledgeable as you can before you go, although I wouldn't stress about it too much. Maybe just look over what you need to do in your degree, generally. If you have a wide choice of electives or majors or whatever, maybe familiarise yourself with them before you go. But like I said, it won't be too stressful. What degre you're doing, anyway, we might be able to point you in a better direction? :)

Edit: Ah, BCom(Acst) LLB. In that case, have a look here. It's probably confusing... I have no idea about the commerce side, but it's pretty straighfoward for your law degree: In first year, you'll do one subject a semester -- LAW114 in first semester and then LAW104 in second semester. I assume you'll do around 3 commercy subjects a semester as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
My enrolment preparation session is tomorrow at 2:00pm but my compuslsory on-campus enrolment is on Thursday. What an inconvenience.

HSC
N/A
what is this enrollment preparation thingo? I can't remember ever going to one... only the compulsary enrollment?

Not sure if there'll be free parking, but I'll be on campus in *cringe* my fluro yellow mentor shirt helping out, so if you see me say hi :D (and if you already know my face, please be a dear and come to uni and bring me an ice cream because I think I'll be in a stall outside and will be dying :/)

d.i.m.e Babii

HSC
I was overseas at the time and got a proxy to do my enrolment instead...

Now I sooo wish I was here for the prep session because I am confused about all my units/ program of study.

~~sigh~~~

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
what is this enrollment preparation thingo? I can't remember ever going to one... only the compulsary enrollment?
That was the lecture thing on the days that we were working -- they were on at 10:30 and 12:30 or something when we were there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)