The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

veridis

droog
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

sk1001 said:
especially because they usually have to deal with the dismal ~13k average Sydney pulls...
*yawn*
so you've given up criticising sydney 2nd best crowd average on the grounds "we should be doing better" and have decided just to start lying about it. though i guess considering sydney got the biggest crowd this season you had to make up something to ciriticise sydney about.

sk1001

HSC

You are a weird bunch arn't you. You draw 33k to round 21 vs Melbourne, qualify for the finals, and then draw 23k the week after. Interesting to say the least.

And FYI, Season 07/08 averages

Melbourne Victory 26,064
Queensland Roar 16,951
Sydney FC 16,373

Although in all honesty I shouldn't have said ~13k, give or take three thousand is a big deal for you guys.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Id be going to the soccer every weekend too if i lived in melbourne. shit city.

Gay Captain

HSC

05/06 06/07 07/08
Sydney FC 16,669 14,999 16,373
Newcastle Jets 8,912 11,442 13,209

Prediction: Jets to catch or overtake Sydney next season :cool:

sk1001

HSC

blakegman said:
Id be going to the soccer every weekend too if i lived in melbourne. shit city.
Gays don't like football, I get the idea.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

I like football, just not the A-league cause its horrible. some pathetic players, boring football and not enough teams.

Don't see why i would devote attention to the a-league over the EPL.

Gay Captain

HSC

blakegman said:
I like football, just not the A-league cause its horrible. some pathetic players, boring football and not enough teams.

Playstation or Xbox?

Poster boy.

HalcyonSky

HSC

i find the a-league more entertaining to watch simply because of the locality of the team i follow. The league does have some good players, and the jets / central coast play a more european style of game which is good to watch.

Jets to beat queensland 2-0 on sunday

sk1001

HSC

blakegman said:

Nobody is asking you devote your attention. Just support your local team and your EPL team.

It's clear to see the standard is obviously below that, but who gives a fuck. Australian football has been in the doldrums for fucking years. Now we have an established, clean professional league with impressive crowd figures for a competition only 3 years young. What more do you want? Fucken Ronaldinho's and shit playing for Perth? Be reasonable.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

sk1001 said:
Nobody is asking you devote your attention. Just support your local team and your EPL team.

It's clear to see the standard is obviously below that, but who gives a fuck. Australian football has been in the doldrums for fucking years. Now we have an established, clean professional league with impressive crowd figures for a competition only 3 years young. What more do you want? Fucken Ronaldinho's and shit playing for Perth? Be reasonable.
Look i see your point. And i do support my local team sydney to the extent i watch most games on tv. but i find it hard to justify to myself why i would pay the 20-30 odd dollars ticket price to watch what is usually boring football. Granted sydney play a style less entertaining then most, which probably contributes.

Theres no doubting the league is a success, but until games actually become frequently entertaining, i cant see myself going regularly to the games. A lot of football fans i know feel the same way too.

sk1001

HSC

blakegman said:
Look i see your point. And i do support my local team sydney to the extent i watch most games on tv. but i find it hard to justify to myself why i would pay the 20-30 odd dollars ticket price to watch what is usually boring football. Granted sydney play a style less entertaining then most, which probably contributes.

Theres no doubting the league is a success, but until games actually become frequently entertaining, i cant see myself going regularly to the games. A lot of football fans i know feel the same way too.
$30 a ticket? Maybe for premium seats. Buy a general admission membership

Gay Captain

HSC

blakegman said:
How are they going to get more entertaining without support genius?

I'm sure Wigan v Reading is so much more fun to watch on TV than going to a game lol

ConjOB

HSC

Anyone gonna try argue reading Vs Wigan for example is more exciting than ANY A-league fixture?

Also like seeing Australia's next crop of players come up and mature. Ad in atmosphere, a home team to support and decent football and you have success.

veridis

droog
HSC

sk1001 said:
You are a weird bunch arn't you. You draw 33k to round 21 vs Melbourne, qualify for the finals, and then draw 23k the week after. Interesting to say the least.

And FYI, Season 07/08 averages

Melbourne Victory 26,064
Queensland Roar 16,951
Sydney FC 16,373

Although in all honesty I shouldn't have said ~13k, give or take three thousand is a big deal for you guys.
did i say second best crowds for the season or second best crowds?
in all honesty you should start following melbourne rather than just hating sydney. it's going to be a long off season for you without any SFC games to comment on.

veridis

droog
HSC

blakegman said:

deadset the "a-league games are boring" view pisses me off more than the "a-league games aren't as good a quality as EPL/serie a/primera" argument. while the latter is based simply on wankery the former is a complete load of bollocks. during the first half of the season, when our crowds were worst, there were some cracking home games like 2-2 adelaide, 3-2 ccm, and yes even the 2-1 loss to the nix. when we started getting more draws, more 0-0s, our crowds actually went up. people should stop using empty excuses such as style of play when really they are just bandwagoning cunts who jump on board whenever there's a bit of hype.
question, did you go to the galaxy game?

sk1001

HSC

rofl, don't start on the galaxy game. noobs would have been loving it, but purists would be shaking their heads.

That game was like a fucken circus.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
did i say second best crowds for the season or second best crowds?
in all honesty you should start following melbourne rather than just hating sydney. it's going to be a long off season for you without any SFC games to comment on.
I don't know, but it doesn't matter...

Average attendance (Over three seasons):

Melbourne - 22650
Queensland - 16067
Sydney FC - 16014

ConjOB

HSC

sk1001 do you support anyteam or are you one of those people waiting for western sydney team?

You say the 'purists' wouldnt have liked the galaxy game, well i think i can safely say im a 'purist' and i thought it was great, bought alot of light to the A-league and gave some great positive press. The only people who wouldnt have liked it are imo the euro-fags who were just sticking their noses up at it. And yes i know alot of the 'purists' or best be put (by their own recognition) the 'core cove' people were all supporting it.

sk1001

HSC

ConjOB said:
sk1001 do you support anyteam or are you one of those people waiting for western sydney team?

You say the 'purists' wouldnt have liked the galaxy game, well i think i can safely say im a 'purist' and i thought it was great, bought alot of light to the A-league and gave some great positive press. The only people who wouldnt have liked it are imo the euro-fags who were just sticking their noses up at it. And yes i know alot of the 'purists' or best be put (by their own recognition) the 'core cove' people were all supporting it.
I'm from Melbourne.

The 60,000 nubs there would have been enthralled at the sight of 8 goals, but at the end of the day, the defending from both teams was on par with state league. It was nothing but a gimmick. Beckham FC is nothing but a faded image for the 60,000 who turned up for one night only. I would have called it a success if Sydney FC had picked up 5000 members as a result, but I can't say they have. As for what positive press? How much of it actually had anything to do with Sydney FC?

They came to see Beckham, not LA Galaxy or Sydney FC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)