The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

sk1001

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

blakegman said:
Sydney FC competes with a lot more other professional sporting teams who had established themselves long before the A-League.

Who do CCM compete against ?
CCM?
Their population is a tenth the size ffs. Based on season average, 4 out of 100 people attend CCM games.

And Newcastle?
Their season average was only 2000 behind the Knights, a team that has been around for 20 years in deep thugby league territory. Based on season average, 4.6 out of 100 people attend Jets games.

And Melbourne?
Do I need to remind you there are 10 AFL teams based in Victoria? Based on season average, 0.7 out of 100 people attend Melbourne games.

FFS, rugby/afl hardly even clash with the A-League season. Based on season average, 0.38 out of 100 people attend Sydney games.

The only competition Sydney FC has is the fucking Mardi Gras.

veridis

droog
HSC

so after calling bullshit on claims that CCM and Newy are better than SFC we get responses "we're equal"(i've never claimed otherwise) and the meaningless "higher percentage" argument.
news flash sk1001, the 80k at the beckham wankfest is still a lower % than the 8k CCM were getting in v1. SFC crowds>CCM or Jets, end of. not putting down those clubs as they're doing a great job, but bagging SFC out when we've brought more people through the gates than anyone except MV is pointless bullshit.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

sk1001 said:
CCM?
Their population is a tenth the size ffs. Based on season average, 4 out of 100 people attend CCM games.

And Newcastle?
Their season average was only 2000 behind the Knights, a team that has been around for 20 years in deep thugby league territory. Based on season average, 4.6 out of 100 people attend Jets games.

And Melbourne?
Do I need to remind you there are 10 AFL teams based in Victoria? Based on season average, 0.7 out of 100 people attend Melbourne games.

FFS, rugby/afl hardly even clash with the A-League season. Based on season average, 0.38 out of 100 people attend Sydney games.

Comparing numbers by population is quite possibly the most retarded statistic ive ever come across. Of course clubs located outside the major city's are going to have a higher percentage.

Total Attendance > Attendance/population

williamc

HSC

sk1001 said:
CCM?

And Newcastle?

And Melbourne?

Observational studies don't involve any control by the investigator over the determinant or variables. Those statisitics are useless because there are too many uncontrollable or immeasureable variables that effect the statistic.

Total attendance is the go.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
so after calling bullshit on claims that CCM and Newy are better than SFC we get responses "we're equal"(i've never claimed otherwise) and the meaningless "higher percentage" argument.
news flash sk1001, the 80k at the beckham wankfest is still a lower % than the 8k CCM were getting in v1. SFC crowds>CCM or Jets, end of. not putting down those clubs as they're doing a great job, but bagging SFC out when we've brought more people through the gates than anyone except MV is pointless bullshit.
Are you forgetting Queensland? Yes, they did get a higher season average than you. Fact of the matter is, Sydney is pulling nowhere near the average it should be.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

sk1001 said:
Are you forgetting Queensland? Yes, they did get a higher season average than you. Fact of the matter is, Sydney is pulling nowhere near the average it should be.
As set by whos standards ?

That's a completely subjective viewpoint. John Smith on the street might think Sydney is above the average it should be.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

That's really a by product of the media hype, rather then soccer knowledge

blakegman

HSC
N/A

That's because soccer isnt really part of the australian culture in the way cricket is.

Most australians have a fair idea about cricket and rugby league, in the way people in england have knowledge of soccer and to an extent cricket aswell.

veridis

droog
HSC

sk1001 said:
no i'm not forgetting Qld, read what i said. SFC has pulled more people through the gate than anyone else bar MVFV, fact. made no reference at all to just this season. if SFC had failed like MVFC did in v1 then A-League would have collapsed. without a)the cash from SFC and b)being able to wave SFC out as an example of how the A-League could work then there would have been little interest to replace Knights or buy Glory. while SFC hasn't grown as quick as some other teams the fact remains the HAL would be much worse off without it and it's still well above league average. the fact some tard thinks it's not up to his bullshit expectations is meaningless.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad

A league just sucks. there is no talent, just strength and lots of fouls. the fact that nearly every game has a red card drawn is a sign of that.

Or maybe i say this because i have grown up watching the premierleague ;)

GO MANCHESTER UNITED :D

blakegman

HSC
N/A

siddharthlaha said:
A league just sucks. there is no talent, just strength and lots of fouls. the fact that nearly every game has a red card drawn is a sign of that.

Or maybe i say this because i have grown up watching the premierleague ;)

GO MANCHESTER UNITED :D
Bit of both i would think.

But even the premier league has its fouls and red cards. and no talent (derby)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad

blakegman said:
Bit of both i would think.

But even the premier league has its fouls and red cards. and no talent (derby)
Yes, but not as much as A league. And derby county would OWN some a league clubs eg Perth Glory.

veridis

droog
HSC

but the Championship owns the premiership, 3 out of 4 FA cup semi-finalists say so.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad

veridis said:
but the Championship owns the premiership, 3 out of 4 FA cup semi-finalists say so.
Bah. the FA cup is the one of the best Cup's in the world, for the simple reason that the lower league clubs get a chance because the higher leagues play weaker squads against them. The championship is in no way better than the premiership. That is just the nature of the FA cup, its unpredictable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)