The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

personally i find the a-league quite dull, ball possesion is low and quality of finishes arent consistent, i mean on the odd occasion u see a good goal and what not but yeh thats my 2cents
peace.

blackmamba.
You get that when the competition is all but a couple of years old.

...and is being viewed against the likes of the EPL, Serie A etc which have been established for over a hundred years.

ZaraKu

HSC

give it 5 - 10 years it'll be big, I'm personally counting down to the demise of NRL when the A-League takes over as no. 1

blue_chameleon

HSC

give it 5 - 10 years it'll be big, I'm personally counting down to the demise of NRL when the A-League takes over as no. 1
That's certainly ambitious.

Don't get your hopes up. I'd like to see steady growth in spectators combined with solid investment in better establishing and supporting talent through academies and foreign club partnerships over the next 20 years, then see where we are after that.

ZaraKu

HSC

I'm only ambitious because I hate league and afl with a passion

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

spectators will come to games when they can be promised quality players.
you won't get quality players in the a-league when a player can fetch an entire team's salary cap and more elsewhere, like in the UAE or someshit.

that's the problem with the a-league - the players are shit.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

I give the A-league three years, tops, till it takes over

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

A-League is more likely to fold within three years than take over the AFL. Sometimes the execs forget that Australia is the most competitive sporting landscape in the world and some three year old competition is unlikely to usurp a 100+ year old competition.

blue_chameleon

HSC

Sometimes the execs forget that Australia is the most competitive sporting landscape in the world and some three year old competition is unlikely to usurp a 100+ year old competition.
Bahaha.

C'mon man, do you really think that that is the strategic goal of the A-League? I certainly don't.

I think more people need to realise that EPL =/= A League. Once this debate is quashed, then we can all see the A-League with proper perspective.

fredinho

HSC

spectators will come to games when they can be promised quality players.
you won't get quality players in the a-league when a player can fetch an entire team's salary cap and more elsewhere, like in the UAE or someshit.

that's the problem with the a-league - the players are shit.

in season 3 juninho kept out crowds up

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Bahaha.

C'mon man, do you really think that that is the strategic goal of the A-League? I certainly don't.

I think more people need to realise that EPL =/= A League. Once this debate is quashed, then we can all see the A-League with proper perspective.
No. My response was to this:

I give the A-league three years, tops, till it takes over

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

if anything, the a-league is really taking off in melbourne. average crowd numbers are double that of most teams, even triple of some.

sk1001

HSC

yeah, coz in melbourne they've got nothing better to do.
Got to love the bitterness. Big crowd = nothing better to do, who would have thought!

I suppose by the same token, Sydney has such poor attendences because they are too busy fucking other men in the asshole or fondling 13 year old girls.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

any town where thousands of people watch ALF every week must have nothing else to do

Roy9

HSC

Got to love the bitterness. Big crowd = nothing better to do, who would have thought!

I suppose by the same token, Sydney has such poor attendences because they are too busy fucking other men in the asshole or fondling 13 year old girls.
I'm sure she was nearly 14 years old

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)