The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
re: The Official Football Thread

it still does if you say it does

EDIT: the word does seemed weird to me just then
The Merseyside derbies are nothing now, the recent 'derby' was a fluke win for Liverpool as Everton had a billion injuries to deal with.

Plus, the fact that Everton owned the scousers in the midfield, if only they had a clinical finisher...thats why they are nowhere near there usual consistent top 6-7 spot.

hollaholla

HSC

world cup draw in 2 hrs...anyones catchin it?

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

everyone knows the north london derby is the best on zee eyes, and up there passion-wise also.

and what time is the draw locally?

hollaholla

HSC

everyone knows the north london derby is the best on zee eyes, and up there passion-wise also.

and what time is the draw locally?
event starts at 4
dont know exactly what time the draw is..should be around 4-4:25

Last edited:

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC

Very interesting draw..I did a simulation one earlier last night for the lulz...and a few things turned out the same...not many, but a few...

Tough groups to me are D, E and G while the easy ones look to be C, F and H

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC

yeah...sorta...mexico and uruguay are tough teams though...mexico was indeed seeded last time round, and made the round of 16...amd Uruguay...well, we all know about them. South Africa seems a real dark horse in their group...I really do hope they make the next stage...along with Mexico, but i think it will be Mexico topping Group A with France runners up

Daisuke

HSC

Does anyone here follow the Championship? I started following it at the end of last season, and I'm not a fan of them, but I've been following their progress and would love for Nottingham Forest to gain promotion into the Premier League.

louy

HSC
N/A

2010 World Cup draw
Group A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France
Group B: Argentina, South Korea, Nigeria, Greece
Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia
Group D: Germany, Australia, Ghana, Serbia
Group E: Netherlands, Japan, Cameroon, Denmark
Group F: Italy, New Zealand, Paraguay, Slovakia
Group G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Cost, Portugal
Group H: Spain, Honduras, Chile, Switzerland

HSC

group G = group of death
aus is in a pretty tough group..

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

i can't see france getting any worse. they can only go up from here; expect them to put on quite a show.

i'm hoping australia play some football this world cup. they're in a easier group this time around imo.

and good to see nigeria and cameroon in the world cup finals again, love watching west africans and their attacking football.

hollaholla

HSC

i can't see france getting any worse. they can only go up from here; expect them to put on quite a show.

i'm hoping australia play some football this world cup. they're in a easier group this time around imo.

and good to see nigeria and cameroon in the world cup finals again, love watching west africans and their attacking football.
I love France and have always loved them as a kid..even went for them in the 1998 world cup + 2000 euro. But seriously, i do not see them going anywhere with Domenech...they reached the finals of 2006 because of viera+zidane.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC

yes i dont see them qualifying...
Ghana = best african team of last 2 years
Germany=Germany
Serbia=Topped group (Ahead of France)
I don't really see Ghana as THE best African team of the last 2 years..Ivory Coast did get more points than them in qualifying...I'd probably rate them about par at the moment.

And having Serbia being top of the group....meh, so did we. Basically, the way I see this as a group of death is that all 4 teams (IIRC) completely dominated their groups in qualifying...3 of them also made the round of 16 last year.

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC

Liverpool held to a draw :(
Gasp! Really?

They were lucky against Everton. This is a really bad run for them at the moment.

How about Paul Scholes. I can see Gibson replacing him as my favourite player when Scholesy retires though.

What about you guys then? Favourite players?

hollaholla

HSC

Gasp! Really?

They were lucky against Everton. This is a really bad run for them at the moment.

How about Paul Scholes. I can see Gibson replacing him as my favourite player when Scholesy retires though.

Liverpool arnt having the best of times and its actually their fault. Letting go of one of the best tacticians (XAVI ALONSO) and not replacing him is unacceptable!. Yes they have purchased aquilani ..but he has barely ever started. Lucas is NOT doing the best of jobs imo. Torres injured?? They have got to learn how to play without him..arsenal have about 5 players out ..3 long term.

Roy9

HSC

Gasp! Really?

Mikel Arteta, Steven Pienaar, Phil Jagielka, Yakubu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)