the "have a winge" thread (1 Viewer)

nickluvschool

HSC
wow ancient history rly sucks.. honestly i fukin hate it so much i have no idea why the hell i chose it.. who cares bout how some gay town that held gladiatorial battles , honestly i should have chosen early childhood or somethng instead of ancient.. mm emotions are running wiild baby

samuel slack

HSC
Honestly. Ancient is the best subject that I'm doing. So much more interesting that anything else. So, basically, I refuse to have a whinge.

bussoti

HSC
^ Likewise. Ancient's the only thing I've strived for this year.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Do you know what's moronic? Studying ancient history (useless and irrelevant at HSC level), rather than modern history.

But that's just my two cents. Also to the tread starter, lol nobody said life decisions were easy. Fortunately there are some you don't have to live with.

Adam.Meads

HSC
sam04u said:
Do you know what's moronic? Studying ancient history (useless and irrelevant at HSC level), rather than modern history.
Then gtfo and go to Modern History Forums?

Ancient History is VERY interesting, compared to the drabness of Modern.

Its the best subject I'm doing; the most interesting, and as far as saying it is "moronic" to study it, keep your misjudged and misguided opinions to yourself.

Ancient History rules!

spangacrab

HSC
I hate ancient history. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have to squeeze in the entire syllabus as there is not enough time. We barely finished the course.

Wish I did modern rather than ancient, more my areas of interest.
I do not care about Agrippina.

X

xeuyrawp

sam04u said:
Having had way too many 'arguments' with you, where you obviously show the incapacity to use logic and reason, I think I'll just say this:

I think it's been pretty well established that

a) you're a moron (eg you suggest you can only do modern or ancient), and
b) noone cares what you say (see thread).

Go back to whatever NCA&P thread you're currently being destroyed in because you know less about your faith than most atheists.

PS, next time you come whinging about how you're being bullied in contact mods forum, I'm just going to laugh at you.

nickluvschool said:
wow ancient history rly sucks.. honestly i fukin hate it so much i have no idea why the hell i chose it.. who cares bout how some gay town that held gladiatorial battles
Dude, if you treat it that way, you're not only going to hate the subject, but you're going to do badly. You need to remember that the division between modern, medieval, and ancient history is purely arbitrary, and that all history is very important for society. Ancient history, especially, literally has a countdown timer on it because a lot of the evidence is being destroyed infront of us.

If you don't care about the subject matter, I suppose that's fine, but you need to treat the subject with respect, because it's one of the biggest ones for generic skills which most people still develop going into uni.

At the very least, use the subject as a sandbox for practising your essay technique.

Adam.Meads

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Having had way too many 'arguments' with you, where you obviously show the incapacity to use logic and reason, I think I'll just say this:

I think it's been pretty well established that

a) you're a moron (eg you suggest you can only do modern or ancient), and
b) noone cares what you say (see thread).

Go back to whatever NCA&P thread you're currently being destroyed in because you know less about your faith than most atheists.

PS, next time you come whinging about how you're being bullied in contact mods forum, I'm just going to laugh at you.

Dude, if you treat it that way, you're not only going to hate the subject, but you're going to do badly. You need to remember that the division between modern, medieval, and ancient history is purely arbitrary, and that all history is very important for society. Ancient history, especially, literally has a countdown timer on it because a lot of the evidence is being destroyed infront of us.

If you don't care about the subject matter, I suppose that's fine, but you need to treat the subject with respect, because it's one of the biggest ones for generic skills which most people still develop going into uni.

At the very least, use the subject as a sandbox for practising your essay technique.
He just made more sense than anything sam has made.

Sam, if you hate the subject so much, hows about you stay on your beloved modern history forum, and start posts about how great it is, and that we should all rejoice in the acts of Hitler, Mussolini, etc.

And like Pwar said, nobody really gives two shits what you think to be honest. You ARE a moron, and please keep your generalisations and misjudged biased opinions to yourself - the only person who cares.

COhex

HSC
I had the most fun in class during ancient history, it was also the most interesting. Personally I would of liked to choose modern history as well to see what it was like, but until then I won't be able to comment on weither it is "shit" or good.

Plus ancient is easiest subject to study for :p Just got to remember heaps of stuff haha. I was going to dedicate this whole weekend to study for the three exams I have this week, but unfortunately I didn't end up doing a hell of a lot... Pub is > study what can I say? Also hard to do study when it isn't the day before IMO...

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I think ancient history is interesting I just can't handle the massive amounts of stuff needed to be remembered

X

xeuyrawp

COhex said:
I had the most fun in class during ancient history, it was also the most interesting. Personally I would of liked to choose modern history as well to see what it was like
I wish I did both.

For some reason, students, parents, and some teachers think that, ideally, you should do one or the other + Hist Extension.

Five units of History, three units of Japanese or German, and four units of English would be my choice if I had the chance to go back.

samuel slack

HSC
If I could do it again, I'd do 5 units of history as well... then legal and business, and advanced english.

HSC
I did do both Modern and Ancient, but I dropped Modern after the trials. I really believed Modern History could have been a great subject, it's just my school chose the worst topics. I mean who studies South Africa, Nelson Mandela and Anglo-Irish relations anyway? If I could choose my subjects again I would have done Biology instead of Modern History.

COhex

HSC
Those all sound like interesting topics Iheartpaulfrank. It would be better then doing the same old "Germany blah blah Hitler blah blah Nazis blah blah".

What was history extentsion like? EG What did you do in it? I probably would of choosen it if I could go back... But alas.

Nihongo over German :p

X

xeuyrawp

COhex said:
Those all sound like interesting topics Iheartpaulfrank. It would be better then doing the same old "Germany blah blah Hitler blah blah Nazis blah blah".

What was history extentsion like? EG What did you do in it? I probably would of choosen it if I could go back... But alas.

Nihongo over German :p
A reading fluency in German's required for advanced research into the area of Egyptology into which I want to go. Then again, speaking fluency is required to go there and research, which I also want to do.

Japanese is great, but it's an increadibly easy language. The grammatical rules are so straight-forward... Everything complicated in it comes from a lexical (word meaning and usage) view, so it's just a matter of absorbing vocab and its usage.

I try to have no regrets - so I'm glad I did do a language in the HSC. It introduced me to important linguistic elements earlier than otherwise would have happened.

I'm one of these people that thinks if you want to do a higher level of English in the HSC, you should also be required to do a language.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
i love ancient history...

however im cheering that its over in <12 HOURS!
WOOOOOO one step closer to the end! :bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)