The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

Falcon_Beast

HSC
Ha ha! The Salmon Of Doubt began as the last of the Hitch Hiker's series, during one of the sessions where his publisher locked him in his hotel room to finish another project (Adams was known for his procrastination) he changed it into a Dirk Gently. Apparently he had said to his wife at some point that he was going to meld the two, so there you go.

Yes, lying, drunk in a cornfield in, so far as I remember, Belgium, a younger Douglas looked up at the stars and thought "There's a guide to hitch hiking around europe, but not the galaxy. Why not? If there was I'd so be there."

And the idea for the restaurant at the end of the universe came from a song.

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
Marvin didn't die... I remember someone earlier on said that Marvin died.. But he didn't! Although the back of his head was blown off by one of the Vogons aimless shots, he came back to life... His eye, went dim... But then, it went bright again... I'm pretty sure of it... I cried with Marvin got shot at the back of his head... I guess it was because I associated him with Alan Rickman <3<3 LOOVEEE THE VOICCEEE...
"I've been talking with the ships computer... And it hates me"... Aww... He is so adorable...

But besides that... 42! I laughed out loud so badly! I was expecting something so much bigger than that.... Why not 100? But why 42? ROFLMAO... So funny...

<3<3<3 Alan Rickman

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah it was ok, i was expecting more from all the hype surrounding this movie

but that happens all the time i guess

taxman

make poverty
HSC
intrik8 said:
Marvin didn't die... I remember someone earlier on said that Marvin died.. But he didn't! Although the back of his head was blown off by one of the Vogons aimless shots, he came back to life... His eye, went dim... But then, it went bright again... I'm pretty sure of it... I cried with Marvin got shot at the back of his head... I guess it was because I associated him with Alan Rickman <3<3 LOOVEEE THE VOICCEEE...
"I've been talking with the ships computer... And it hates me"... Aww... He is so adorable...

But besides that... 42! I laughed out loud so badly! I was expecting something so much bigger than that.... Why not 100? But why 42? ROFLMAO... So funny...

<3<3<3 Alan Rickman
He dies in the books. The movie is a completely different version and much of what happens in that doesn't happen in the trilogy of novels written in five parts.

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
taxman said:
He dies in the books. The movie is a completely different version and much of what happens in that doesn't happen in the trilogy of novels written in five parts.
I was refering to the movie rather than the novel. I haven't read the trilogy, though I've heard of it. I'm not much of a fan of these sorts of writings...

I should of went searching for that quote earlier on, but I was just reinforcing for any Alan Rickman fans out that, who don't want to go into the cinema to watch the voice of their idol killed in the end... (That maybe didn't make any sense) Well I'm here to put them out of their misery...

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!

So long and thanks for all the fish
so sad that it should come to this
we tried to warn you all those years
you may not share our intellect
which might explain your disrespect
for all the natural wonders that grow around you.

So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

The worlds about to be destroyed
Theres no point getting all annoyed.
Lie back and let the planet dissolve
Despite those nets of tuna fish
We thought that most of you were sweet
especially tiny tots and your pregnant women.

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, and thanks for all the fish

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
twisted_emily said:
i LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!

So long and thanks for all the fish
so sad that it should come to this
we tried to warn you all those years
you may not share our intellect
which might explain your disrespect
for all the natural wonders that grow around you.

So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

The worlds about to be destroyed
Theres no point getting all annoyed.
Lie back and let the planet dissolve
Despite those nets of tuna fish
We thought that most of you were sweet
especially tiny tots and your pregnant women.

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, so long, and thanks for all the fish
You forgot the:

If I had just one last wish
I would like a tasty fish

If we could just change one would thing
We would all have none to sing
Though the version at the start of the movie isn't the same as the version from the end of the movie.

mizosoup

HSC
intrik8 said:
Marvin didn't die... I remember someone earlier on said that Marvin died.. But he didn't! Although the back of his head was blown off by one of the Vogons aimless shots, he came back to life... His eye, went dim... But then, it went bright again... I'm pretty sure of it...
Yeah he got shot by the Vogans and his eyes go dim and he plonks over onto the grass but then later he gets up and shoots them with that point of view gun (forgotten the actual name of it, considering its not in the book) which is ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY HILARIOUS. Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I need to read the book again...

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
mizosoup said:
Yeah he got shot by the Vogans and his eyes go dim and he plonks over onto the grass but then later he gets up and shoots them with that point of view gun (forgotten the actual name of it, considering its not in the book) which is ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY HILARIOUS. Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I need to read the book again...
"no one ever listens to me"

J

jhakka

In the book:
The Vogons are linked to their own ship, which acts as their life support. Marvin plugs himself into that and talks to it. It commits suicide and the Vogons die.
:)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
I went and saw it on Saturday, and I LOVED it. Especially the dolphin song, it was great. and the pot plants thought as it plummeted. Good stuff...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)