The "I just had a shit day at school" thread (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Lexie1001 said:
i just had a pretty bad day....firstly i had orchestra this morning and afterwards my friend persuaded me into getting the lift to our locker room cos we were both so tired...the first time ive got the lift without a reason like 'ive broken both my legs'...and the lift stopped halfway up, we looked at each other and were like 'oh shit please let it be a nice teacher' but it was the deputy principal, and he only told us to get out of the lift and use the stairs like everyone else, but i feel really bad now and it was quite embarassing.

plus i was really tired all day but got kinda hyper in physics and talked/laughed heaps with my friend, and although my class is really noisy usually at the end my teacher told me i had to pay more attention just cos of this one time.

im so glad its the weekend, i can sleep in and hopefully catch up on all my h/w and revision. i wish i didnt have a job though.

sorry for the rant :)
wow your school has a lift o_o ;; ? what school do you go to lol

P

pLuvia

School has a lift? When I was in Japan my chaperone's host family's house had a lift lol, no joke. Their like as rich as came be, parents are like the owners of like national companies damn I'm jealous :p;)

PS: My school has a lift :D:D

Benal

HSC
Thank God it's the weekend, I've been up until about 2.30 doing work all week. 4 hrs sleep really doesn't cut it, I was falling asleep in class. I'm looking forward to catching up on my sleep this weekend.

xx__savannah

HSC
I'm sick of hypocritical teachers -.- The way I prioritise my tasks is assessable, then not assessable, but certain teachers can't get over the fact that English isn't the be all and end all. Synthesis essays are the last thing on my mind when I have RE ISP, Eco in class essay, maths mini-test, Chem test (repeating HSC Chem, so I haven't learnt the topic in about a year), and IPT weekly tests and an assignment.
I mean, she told one of her favourites that she didn't have to do it because she had stocktake for a couple of nights, but when I said I had assessments she told me I should have done it in the holidays and harped on that I wouldn't get a good mark unless I showed dedication and did some work.

And on top of all that I haven't been able to access my online course for the past two weeks because the school changed my username and password, then a few days later deleted the new account, restored my old one, including the password, all without telling me. Therefore I couldn't even check the question for the essay I had to do in-class today.

I'm so fucking over it. /rant

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
School has a lift? When I was in Japan my chaperone's host family's house had a lift lol, no joke. Their like as rich as came be, parents are like the owners of like national companies damn I'm jealous :p;)

PS: My school has a lift :D:D
my cousin in vietnam has a lift in their house. and their house is BLOODY HUGE. actually they have quite a few houses lol.

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
Guernica said:
I had a crap day too. Each day is getting worse as more maths is dumped on me that I don't understand :-| I haven't understood the past 3 things we have done..

Rocks to be me.

I think I'm dropping down to 2 unit. Or getting a tutor..
If you think a tutor will miraculously make your marks sky rocket your attitude needs to change. YOU and you alone must do the work, a tutor can give you helpful tips and shwo you the door, as corney as it sounds you must walk through this metaphorical door to success. What maths don't you understand? Induction? Simpsons rule???

I go to boarding school and have an IBurst modem to send this, but shhh, I am studying, I am taking a short break... I just did legal studies. Now to do some Chem. I am trying to do work but just so many distractions.... on my floor. Well I am out.

WBD

xx__savannah

HSC
WouldbeDoctor said:
If you think a tutor will miraculously make your marks sky rocket your attitude needs to change. YOU and you alone must do the work, a tutor can give you helpful tips and shwo you the door, as corney as it sounds you must walk through this metaphorical door to success.
What's so wrong about getting a tutor to help you understand some things a bit better, or at a slower pace than can be accomodated in class? I mean, before you can "walk through to door" you have to learn how to walk. If watching people walk, to continue your metaphor, doesn't help, what's wrong with getting a push-a-long to get you started?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
WouldbeDoctor said:
If you think a tutor will miraculously make your marks sky rocket your attitude needs to change. YOU and you alone must do the work, a tutor can give you helpful tips and shwo you the door, as corney as it sounds you must walk through this metaphorical door to success. What maths don't you understand? Induction? Simpsons rule???

I go to boarding school and have an IBurst modem to send this, but shhh, I am studying, I am taking a short break... I just did legal studies. Now to do some Chem. I am trying to do work but just so many distractions.... on my floor. Well I am out.

WBD
did she ever say that she is depending on a tutor to "miraculously make his mark sky rocket" no, he is just getting a tutor so that he can help him learn concepts that he doesn't understand and thus will help him improve his maths. and im sure this is the case for every other 100000000 students who get tutor.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Guernica is a "her" lol :p

Tutors can help quite dramatically, presuming she is struggling she can get a private tutor to review the topics she is having troubling in

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
What's so wrong about getting a tutor to help you understand some things a bit better, or at a slower pace than can be accomodated in class? I mean, before you can "walk through to door" you have to learn how to walk. If watching people walk, to continue your metaphor, doesn't help, what's wrong with getting a push-a-long to get you started?
Hey, you're taking what I said out of context. I am all for tutors, I have a maths one myself, all I was saying was that you still have to do significant amounts of work by yourself. In other words I ment, get a tutor but don't go in with that kind of attitude, that is my piece of advice.

Also, to answer the question of the thread.

I had a shit day, in respect to NOT been able to get everything done. I went to speak with my careers adviser. I emailed him and he still won't answer me. I went to my studies co-ordinator and he wasern't there! When he said he would be, I wanted to drop re, because of my 26/50 isp mark which I worked hard on, the lowest mark was 4. Anyhow that will give me 11 units.... I also wanted to talk to him about my study timetable to give me imput on its effectiveness.... So much to do.... Little time...

xx__savannah

HSC
WouldbeDoctor said:
Hey, you're taking what I said out of context. I am all for tutors, I have a maths one myself, all I was saying was that you still have to do significant amounts of work by yourself. In other words I ment, get a tutor but don't go in with that kind of attitude, that is my piece of advice.
I guess I did take it out of context, but it did sound like you thought they were just getting them to do all the work. Still sorta does. I don't see the 'attitude' in:

I haven't understood the past 3 things we have done..
I think I'm dropping down to 2 unit. Or getting a tutor..
Just sounds like if she doesn't understand it after a few more lessons, she'll get someone to help her understand them.

So much to do.... Little time...
I can't agree more. I guess it's the downside of being one in a whole class of accelerants -- most term 4 assessments in the subjects we took were put off until this term, and everything's closer together.

Last edited:

karoooh

HSC
I've been sitting in Physics all week, feeling quite out of it. But all my other subs are ok!

Last Eng lesson for the week was yesterday - Everyone came in cheerful as the sunshine, glad for it to be last period, only to leave pessimistic, feeling like there is no light at the end of the tunnel and that there may be no hope for the world... Thanks Elizabethan era! We tried as much as we could to find something positive about the world we live in now, but none of us could! We're really good at getting each other in rut.

Everything else is just confusing right now...

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
Benal said:
I've got a huge Economics assignment hanging over my head, and I have a sleep-inducing English essay that has already caused me to be threatened by my teacher. Moral of the story is, do your work before it's due, or else you end up in a horrific predicament like I'm in now.
Worst of all though... our silly canteen is stocking no other varieties of bottled Coke other than Coke Zero! The second this sudden health craze blows over the better. I can't help but feel punished when these rules are brought in to cater to "others." I need some relief, and Coke Zero makes me feel as if I went boozing in a science lab. Healthy? I think not!
Oh dear. Dont we all hate THAT trend! My school does it to. Sadly, I've grown used to the stuff. Doesn't give you nearly enough energy to handle maths. I swear, my school is so retarded LOL...I mean, they sell these 'cheese and bacon rolls', that like, make paper go see-through with the grease (its so disgusting)...but they wont sell red frogs or mars bars. Sigh.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Lexie1001 said:
i just had a pretty bad day....firstly i had orchestra this morning and afterwards my friend persuaded me into getting the lift to our locker room cos we were both so tired...the first time ive got the lift without a reason like 'ive broken both my legs'...and the lift stopped halfway up, we looked at each other and were like 'oh shit please let it be a nice teacher' but it was the deputy principal, and he only told us to get out of the lift and use the stairs like everyone else, but i feel really bad now and it was quite embarassing.

plus i was really tired all day but got kinda hyper in physics and talked/laughed heaps with my friend, and although my class is really noisy usually at the end my teacher told me i had to pay more attention just cos of this one time.

im so glad its the weekend, i can sleep in and hopefully catch up on all my h/w and revision. i wish i didnt have a job though.

sorry for the rant :)
This board is made for ranting, and that's just what we'll do =)
Don't apologise!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
why drink coke when u can drink water?
such a healthier, refreshing option.

im hardly buuying nething from the canteen. line ups at lunch and recess are HUGE!!!! contemplating making my own blackmarket canteen of junk food. = =;;

Clarebare

HSC
School is really getting to me at the moment. I've just done an english assessment worth 25%, I'm about to do the stinky journeys one, and I have an assessment for my favourite subject on friday and I don't have enough time to prepare for it properly. To top it all off I went to hte Mardi Gras last weekend and it made me remember how much fun life was when I went out every weekend.

My school has done away with ordinary coke as well. They only stock coke zero and diet coke now. When I first found out I nearly cried. Now I buy a bottle of coke from Coles on the way to school :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:

im hardly buuying nething from the canteen. line ups at lunch and recess are HUGE!!!! contemplating making my own blackmarket canteen of junk food. = =;;
yeah i agree. even if your the first person to be in the line, there always ends up being 20 other students going infront of you somehow. and yes im serious lol

anyways had a pretty good today. first time in the year i had a fun business lesson as the teacher actually did something interesting for once. this is opposed to copying from the overhead or the textbook every lesson. but then when i just thought that i was gonna get on top of finishing my revision for business soon, she tells us that we have to know both case studies for global and change for our exams >< she should have told us that earlier ! sighz

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
I also totally agree, once again I've got a glass of water on the desk as I type, it's 100% fat free too. :cool:
Anyway, I haven't had a crappy day for a while now, everything's been going pretty smoothly for me for the last couple of weeks. I hope to keep it that way for as much of the year as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)