The Idiot's Guide to cooking (things you can make in five minutes or less) (1 Viewer)

tee-tahlia

HSC
gelina said:
Have you guys tasted real mi goreng?

As in the non-instant one from restaurants or your Indonesioan momma's pot (not that I'm indonesian)

Tastes different and I'm still deciding whether instant is better (taste-wise)
my dad's balinese so i've been to bali a fair few times and growing up we've always had mie goreng (instant) in the cupboards. BUT. the REAL mie goreng (you usually eat it in the morning if you're staying at a hotel) is so incredibly fuckawesome that there is just no comparision. there's your answer :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Serius said:
I am a god at this

Ghetto pizza

bread
can of tomatoes, tomato moosh or whatever you can find
ham
cheese

take a some pita bread, a tortilla or 2 peices of toast if you dont have those [we always have some sort of flat bread at my house]

open a can of homebrand tomato goop ontop. Grab your bag of grated cheese, poorsome on top. Grab your ham, cut it up into crazy little grids then throw the ham squares on top.

Microwave for about a minute and you have yourself a pizza that costs approx $1.50 to make
Dont heat it up too much in the microwave cos the bread goes all hard after sometime when it cools down.

I think you mean tomato paste rite?

Use Pita Bread, or pre-made Pizza base or just normal plain white bread.
Spread the paste on top of bread
Spread cheese evenly - ur favourtie cheese
Then all your toppings.

Its better to put in the Oven and grill it - taste better, Microwave isnt a bad alternativ - but has limitation - cook your meat before putting it inside.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
wishfulxthinker said:
that condensed milk bread sounds unhealthy and foul.
actually thats a pretty good thing to snack on at night
if only i had condensed milk at home :(

somewhereelse

HSC
Re: Recipies Suggestion

eggs and tomato cooked on sandwich press- no oil needed, minimal clean-up: just crack the egg onto a preheated sandwich press surface (probably works best if its one of the non stick flat ones, and not the corrugated ones!!) and slice a tomato in half/thirds and put that on there too, maybe a slice of ham (turns rather suspiciously bacon-like) and add some toast.. good stuff. brekkie, lunch or dinner. i love my sandwich press! it does pancakes too. try it!

Maple~89

HSC

Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever!

1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 T canola oil

Method:
Mix everythig together and cook in a frying pan with a bit of butter. Serve with maple syrup and fruit for breakfast or with ice-cream for dessert!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Pasta Sauce (can be varied depending on how long you have) (depending on culinary skills can take anywhere from 5 minutes to half and hour)

ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS
1 x can of diced tomatos
1 small brown onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley (exact quantities of all herbs are not necessary - however much you want really)
1 wine glass of red wine
dash of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
salt
pepper
olive oil (pref. extra virgin but really any cooking oil will do)
400g dried pasta of any variety you want - linguine or spaghetti if you like strands, fusilli or penne if you like pieces.

Extras if you have more than 5 minutes.
mushrooms - sliced
carrots - diced
chicken - minced or diced
celery - diced
parmesan cheese.

What to do
Boil 1 litre of water in a kettle
Put your pot onto the stove, turn on the heat to the highest setting. Wait about a minute. MAKE SURE YOUR POT IS DRY OR YOU WILL REGRET THE NEXT STEP.
Put in roughly about 1 tbsp oil.
Wait another 30 seconds.
Put in your garlic and onion together and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
Pour in can of tomatoes.
Bring to simmer (about 2 minutes)
Put in red wine, vinegar and sugar in no particular order (in case you are wondering, the sugar off-sets the acidity in the vinegar leaving just the taste of the balsamic, without the acidity.)
Turn down heat and let simmer.
If you are using any of the extra ingredients, add them now and be aware that mushrooms add extra water to sauce.

Water should be boiled. Put in seperate pot and add plenty of salt. Cook pasta to packet instructions (usually anywhere between 4 - 11 minutes depending on the pasta) Drain pasta into colander.

Add herbs to sauce as well as salt and pepper to taste, stir through, turn off heat.

Put pasta into bowls (should serve 2), top with sauce and some parmesan cheese, if desired.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
^^^ Thats the SHIT^^^
Thats cooking - unlike some cheap ass shit some others have posted.

Yeah heat the POT for bit before adding the oil.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Spinach, ham and mushroom jaffle sandwich. Serves one. About 10-15 minutes preparation time.

Ingredients:
2 slices of bread
Mushrooms (about 3 or 4), sliced but preferably julienned
Fruit chutney, a tablespoon
Several slices of ham
Cheese
A handful of baby spinach
Beetroot (if it fits)

Use a jaffle maker and make as you would a sandwich.

alby

cool duckie
HSC

ujuphleg said:
Pasta Sauce (can be varied depending on how long you have) (depending on culinary skills can take anywhere from 5 minutes to half and hour)

ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS
1 x can of diced tomatos
1 small brown onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley (exact quantities of all herbs are not necessary - however much you want really)
1 wine glass of red wine
dash of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
salt
pepper
olive oil (pref. extra virgin but really any cooking oil will do)
400g dried pasta of any variety you want - linguine or spaghetti if you like strands, fusilli or penne if you like pieces.

Extras if you have more than 5 minutes.
mushrooms - sliced
carrots - diced
chicken - minced or diced
celery - diced
parmesan cheese.

What to do
Boil 1 litre of water in a kettle
Put your pot onto the stove, turn on the heat to the highest setting. Wait about a minute. MAKE SURE YOUR POT IS DRY OR YOU WILL REGRET THE NEXT STEP.
Put in roughly about 1 tbsp oil.
Wait another 30 seconds.
Put in your garlic and onion together and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
Pour in can of tomatoes.
Bring to simmer (about 2 minutes)
Put in red wine, vinegar and sugar in no particular order (in case you are wondering, the sugar off-sets the acidity in the vinegar leaving just the taste of the balsamic, without the acidity.)
Turn down heat and let simmer.
If you are using any of the extra ingredients, add them now and be aware that mushrooms add extra water to sauce.

Water should be boiled. Put in seperate pot and add plenty of salt. Cook pasta to packet instructions (usually anywhere between 4 - 11 minutes depending on the pasta) Drain pasta into colander.

Add herbs to sauce as well as salt and pepper to taste, stir through, turn off heat.

Put pasta into bowls (should serve 2), top with sauce and some parmesan cheese, if desired.
sounds seriously yummy...shall have to try it sometime :D
does it taste as good without the wine (if you're not a wine person)?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
m0ofin said:
Spinach, ham and mushroom jaffle sandwich. Serves one. About 10-15 minutes preparation time.

Ingredients:
2 slices of bread
Mushrooms (about 3 or 4), sliced but preferably julienned
Fruit chutney, a tablespoon
Several slices of ham
Cheese
A handful of baby spinach
Beetroot (if it fits)

Use a jaffle maker and make as you would a sandwich.
hmm.. very interesting..

Somone try this and tell me if its good. pls.

kitkatkittyau

HSC
Pasta.

Whats Needed:

Long Pasta
Cream
Chicken Stock
Cracked black pepper
Garlic
Whatever veggies
Bacon.

Method:
Cook pasta, add the rest.

Whats Needed:

Angel Hair pasta
Fetta cheese
Cracked Black pepper
Olive oil
Garlic
Sea salt

Method:
Cook pasta, add the rest

mable

HSC
CHEESY PASTA- not exactly healthy but it tastes bloody good.... it would take five minutes if u use left over pasta and just heat it up..

pasta- whatever kind you want
olive oil
1 tbsp flour
milk-
tasty cheese
salt/pepper

Cook pasta, im not telling you how you should know

In a pan heat the oil and add the flour. Oil MUST be HOT but NOT boiling before you add the flour. Stir really quickly so flour does not burn. Add milk gradually, use a whisk to keep it smooth. Add enough milk until it's the consistency you like it.
Add a handful of cheese or however much you want and mix in until it's melted and smoothy smooth.

Once pasta is cooked, drain it (I hope that wasnt a necessary direction) and pour sauce over. Eat it while it's warm.

Libbster

HSC
egg sandwich=win

good for a quick snack, takes about 5 minutes

2 pieces of bread
Egg

Put a slice of bread on a sandwich maker and crack an egg onto the bread, place other piece on top. Toast until yolk is runny. Eat.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
when you're just about down to the basic elements of food but you need sustenance to get you to coles or whatever

ingredients
potato

method
poke holes in it
wrap it in foil
bake in oven
eat

you can add cheese, butter, salt and pepper, bacon bits etc etc depending on what you have/how desperate you actually are for food lol
oh and it will obviously take longer than 5mins but better that than not eating :D

pattii

condom endorser
HSC

Kujah said:
Fruit Salad- Sweet, Healthy and YUM!

Ingredients: Apple, Watermelon, rockmelon, Banana, Pears, Strawberries, Kiwis, any other fruits

Utensils: A large bowl, chopping board, Knife, something to stir/mix :confused:

Instructions:
Dice/Chop/Slice whatever the fruits up, and mix them together in the large bowl :D :D :D

Place it in the fridge to cool it. Serves 4+

Dunno if people add salt to these fruits to prevent it from going brown :confused:
i thought you used lemon juice instead of salt

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A

My new invention:

~CocoPop IceCream~

1. Pour half a cup of Chocolate CocoPops on top of a small bowl of Vanilla IceCream.
2. Then squirt some of that Chocolate Topping that hardens. But straight after you squirt it (don't wait till it hardens), mix it into the Cocopops and Icecream with a spoon. It should look like a mess.
3. Optional: Add crushed nuts.

yummo :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)