The Kite Runner - Concept of Belonging (1 Viewer)

vrod21

HSC
Hey

Was just wondering if anybody else was using the kite runner film or book as a belonging text for there assesments? I have to write a 4 min speech which identifies the concept of belonging and explains how it represents it.

Having trouble starting it.
Should I begin with a definition of the concept, move through some of the plot and explain the techniques used to represent belonging?

geOrgeniie

HSC
i was going to do the kite runner too.. i suggest you put all three of ur ideas together so go through the plot, stop and talk about what techniques/quotes/ or wateva u want to use when u come to it and then connect it to belong.. :) gudluck

caseyje

HSC
hey

yehh im using it for my assessment
its a speech aswell :)
using techniques and relating them to the concept of belonging is what im doing
good luck :)

Imagination

HSC
hey i am doing the film, kiterunner, and i was wondering if anyone could list some film techniques if they are also doing it for their supplementary text

thanks

Imagination

HSC
common, the HSC is in 2 weeks, and i need these film techniques, please please please reply

vrod21

HSC
Hey 'Imagination'

I suggest you look at the scene where Amir and Hassan are bullied by the older boys. [FONT=&quot]

"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Afghanistan[/FONT][FONT=&quot] is the land of the Pushtan's. We’re the real Afghans, not this flat nose Hazara. These people pollute our homeland. They dirty our blood. If idiots like you and your father didn’t take these people in, we’d be rid of them."

Talk about inclusive language, negative connotations of pollute and dirty in terms of seclusion.

There is also the scene where Hassan is raped. Note the juxtaposition/montage of the boys running around and finding kites and Amir on his own searching for Hassan and then watching as he gets raped.

There are more. If you used this in your trial you shouldve already found these things for yourself
[/FONT]

Imagination

HSC
hey , i was talking more about film techniques like close ups and stuff that show belonging , i have plenty of techniques involving juxtaposition and stuff,

so dont hold on on me, tell us the other ones please

thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)