the L word (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
i found that sex scene last night really amusing...the one between the pregnant chick and the other one...i always forget their names..but at the same time it was cute

HSC
hey do any of you know if theres a store in newtown that sells gay/lesbian stuff. apparently theres one? i want to buy season 2 on dvd. ive seen it but i want to own it haha.
or do you know any other place to buy the l word series box sets?

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
well...jb hifi sells season 1...

not too familiar with newtown so can't really help you there.

try "the bookshop" on Oxford st

seeka_train

HSC
i think the shop you're refering to is the Froot Store on King St. :)

nik_noodle

HSC
Yeah they're all over ebay.

Watching season 2 is sooo strange after seeing s3. I know its what '6 months' between seasons, but its like a lifetime.

I'm still cut up about sharmen :(

HSC
seeka_train said:
i think the shop you're refering to is the Froot Store on King St. :)
yeah thats it! hehe. i went there the other day.
season 2 is selling for about $90+
season 3 is available around october >_<

eeeeeeeee! cannot wait! haha!

nik_noodle

HSC
purplefruitloop said:
yeah thats it! hehe. i went there the other day.
season 2 is selling for about $90+
season 3 is available around october >_<

eeeeeeeee! cannot wait! haha!
s2's on ebay (cheap imports) for about $10

and there have been a couple of copies of s3 on dvd on ebay as well.... but they've gone for sooo much money.

HSC
nik_noodle said:
s2's on ebay (cheap imports) for about $10

and there have been a couple of copies of s3 on dvd on ebay as well.... but they've gone for sooo much money.
i know it seems cheaper to buy them on ebay but im abit of a perfectionist and i want them in really really good condition lol.
do you know if ebay will sell season 2 - brand new? and less than $90+ ?
last time i checked, i don't think they were selling brand new dvd box sets?

nik_noodle

HSC
purplefruitloop said:
i know it seems cheaper to buy them on ebay but im abit of a perfectionist and i want them in really really good condition lol.
do you know if ebay will sell season 2 - brand new? and less than $90+ ?
last time i checked, i don't think they were selling brand new dvd box sets?
thats understandable...im a tightass :p (but i dont own any of the boxsets. they're a bit harder to hide then downloaded files)

i think ive seen a few up there...

HSC
nik_noodle said:
thats understandable...im a tightass :p (but i dont own any of the boxsets. they're a bit harder to hide then downloaded files)

i think ive seen a few up there...
hahaha! i know how you feel. whenever i watch the l word or queer as folk i watch them when noone is home!
when mum gets back from work i run straight to my room and 'try' to hide them. ahha.
she knows im gay but shes in denial! le blahh.!
i just don't want to scar her for life if she see's a sex scene with two people of the same sex lmfao! and you know how graphic the l word and queer as folk can be LOL LOL >_<

seeka_train

HSC
Lol... i remember the first season of The L Word on TV. I'd turn the volume way low and then sit right up against the tv with the remote in my hand so that if anyone came downstairs I'd quickly change the channel. The only thing was once I did that and the other channel (SBS) was showing a sex scene. So that didn't help a tad bit.

I didn't watch Queer As Folk much as it was way more graphic (in my opinion) and was a little too much for me. But i was so shocked to find out my little sister watched it every week in her own room with her TV... :eek:

After that we would just watch it together downstairs in the lounge room and have my mum walk past every few minutes going, 'what the HECK are you watching?!' before scuttling away. Hehe!

jest

HSC
i don't know if you've heard but the show's been renewed for a 4th season

seeka_train

HSC
I think Sarah Shahi's not going to be in Season 4 (which is a crap place for her to leave off), she's got some other show now.

nik_noodle

HSC
yeah shes doing teachers (which i dont think is going to be reknewed cause its a ratings diaster) but I think she signed for something else recently.

HOWEVER i think its only filmed for 6 mths, as is the L word....so fingers crossed she does both. OR AT LEAST does a couple of episodes finalising things :)

HSC
seeka_train said:
Lol... i remember the first season of The L Word on TV. I'd turn the volume way low and then sit right up against the tv with the remote in my hand so that if anyone came downstairs I'd quickly change the channel. The only thing was once I did that and the other channel (SBS) was showing a sex scene. So that didn't help a tad bit.

I didn't watch Queer As Folk much as it was way more graphic (in my opinion) and was a little too much for me. But i was so shocked to find out my little sister watched it every week in her own room with her TV... :eek:

After that we would just watch it together downstairs in the lounge room and have my mum walk past every few minutes going, 'what the HECK are you watching?!' before scuttling away. Hehe!

LMFAO!! me too! i still do that now. despite having seen l word season 2. i am still watching it on tv. my volume is on about 2 and i have the remote in my hand lmfao.. mum's room is right behind me! so i kind of stand up while watching it ahhahaha. so if she leaves her room ill be standing infront of the tv lmfao!! i honestly do not want to soil her eyes ahhaha!

seeka_train

HSC
It's so different watching on tv and computer. I'm rewatching season 2 whenever i can. That is, whenever everyone's asleep or all downstairs/upstairs and i can watch in peace without jumping at every little sound.

I just started downloading Season 3. I'm currently downloading episode 4. I actually like watching it on my laptop more than on TV (except that the quality isn't as good; pixelated) since it's easier to hide what i'm doing.

Anyways, isn't Tina such a bitch in season 3?! Poor Bette... Carmen seems to look a million times hotter than the last season. Especially in episode 2.... mmmm!

I'm surprised that so many BOS people watch it. Erm.. surprised in a good sense. Is it mostly the gay/bi girls who watch it or straight girls? And why do straight girls watch it? Sex and the City alternative? lol...

dora_18

HSC
Originally Posted by seeka_train

I didn't watch Queer As Folk much as it was way more graphic (in my opinion) and was a little too much for me. But i was so shocked to find out my little sister watched it every week in her own room with her TV...

haha i think many people are in the same boat...i used to do that with Queer as folk...god bless that show i freaking love i, i HATE that they ended it...the more graphic it was the more i was satisfied...lol that sounds wrong...anyway now i have to make-do with L word which is ok but i prefer gay-man sex:pwoohoo its on tonight...and i think straight girls watch it because..well acctualy thats a good question why do i watch it???probably because its funny and its interesting to compare gay relationships to straight ones...guys are dickheads ..sometimes i wish i could wake up one day and become a lesbian....lol

i wouldnt call it a sex&the city alternative though.....the 2 shows are completely different....or so i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)