The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
Is it really strict in comparison to all the other stores? I wouldn't want to work at Thornleigh but whenever I've been there it's always been well staffed and very clean.
Well it's the only store I've worked at, but we have visits all the time, so we always have to have it at a pretty high standard. Which is good in a way, but annoying.

And we do crazy sales (done a couple of 5 grand hours), but it helps the time go faster, and we have heaps of crew

Sew2289

HSC
Well it's the only store I've worked at, but we have visits all the time, so we always have to have it at a pretty high standard. Which is good in a way, but annoying.

And we do crazy sales (done a couple of 5 grand hours), but it helps the time go faster, and we have heaps of crew
Busiest in the country is it not? Been told the store I work at is the 3rd busiest in terms of yearly sales (behind your store and another one).

spence

HSC
Busiest in the country is it not? Been told the store I work at is the 3rd busiest in terms of yearly sales (behind your store and another one).
Yeah. Which store are you at if you don't mind me asking?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
maybe it's like the underage equivalent of hanging out at the pub

Idk I never got the idea either
Most of us who go there are over 18- it's because we're not up for drinking and there's nowhere else nearby where we can go out, chill and talk for hours without anyone caring that we have only bought one coffee each or something.

That, and it also happens to be near Old Pacific Highway, Bobbin Head and various other roads used by "spirited drivers". I just like the carpark being big & spacious for us to park and check out each other's cars.

vanessaslam

HSC
I'm just wondering. If i'm 14, is working at McDonald's even worth it?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends why you want to work at McDonalds? You need some work experience to help you get a better job and this is a good way to get training and experience? Or you just wanna do it for the moolah?

vanessaslam

HSC
Depends why you want to work at McDonalds? You need some work experience to help you get a better job and this is a good way to get training and experience? Or you just wanna do it for the moolah?
I kinda want the experience + money to waste. I want to get a job early so i don't end up like my sister who couldn't find a job for ages after school (she had no experience)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I kinda want the experience + money to waste. I want to get a job early so i don't end up like my sister who couldn't find a job for ages after school (she had no experience)
In that case you know what you're getting yourself into- minimum wage but proper training/experience which is recognised by future potential employers :)

spence

HSC
that's a very good idea, especially cause school work shouldn't take up too much time for you yet. and its nowhere near as bad as everyone thinks :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

Our store failed our last graders... two Fs and an A (in McCafe).
I feel really bad because I was working that night :(

Oh well. Tough luck!

King St in Newcastle.
I work at Broadmeadow! But Kingas is alright too :)

It probably is.

vanessaslam

HSC
I have an interview on the 12th at 3:00pm.
It's safe to say that i'm currently shitting my pants.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I have an interview on the 12th at 3:00pm.
It's safe to say that i'm currently shitting my pants.
You're what? 14? 15? If you show you aren't completely socially inept, they'll more than likely hire you. You're nice and cheap labour that they can exploit.

'Tis good.

I will also guarantee you will get the job if you look similar to the females in your picture.

CaptainFred

HSC
Hi, you've probably already been asked this, but I'm 16 and I was just wondering how long a single shift would be for a casual employee.

Reason I ask was cause I applied online and was offered an interview, wondering whether it would be worth pursuing as I haven't really had any luck elsewhere.

Also, does anyone know what the pay would be like? I'm guessing not much.

Thanks very much

spence

HSC
Shifts can be anywhere from 2 to 9 hours. At my store, if you work nights, it's usually 4-6 hours, whereas during the day you're more likely to get 8 hour shifts

vanessaslam

HSC
Hmm just wondering, do i have to get rid of my nail polish/makeup? Interview's tomorrow, freaking out for no reason.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Well when you're working you're not allowed to wear coloured nail polish or heavy make-up. So just wear what you think is 'tasteful' and you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)