The Minoans (1 Viewer)

DirtyDancer

HSC
I have been having trouble with the Minoans, its too hard with so much of it being guesswork.

Does anyone have notes on the Minoans? I'd really appreciate it! :)

Also if anyone has any notes on Akhenaten, Pompeii & Herculaneum and Amenhotep III - Ramesses II could you please let me know??

I'd be grateful for any help! Lol.

ediisjoz

HSC
i'm almost finished my notes on Pompeii, mind you, they've taken me FOREVER to re-write to get them to a satisfactory number of pages...

My minoan notes were really confusing me, so i decided to not do that and do something else, and at school tomorrow i have a study day, but i doubt that will help... the minoan stuff really confused me..

i completely understand your stating that its hard - because it is!

i find it difficult to study a topic when we dont actually know their real name haha.. but that's just me

DirtyDancer

HSC
Exactly! I hate this topic its stupid. You cant rely on all the evidence specially when apparently Evans made some of it up and Gae Callender dismisses all of his theorys and calls them 'absurd' and 'ridiculous'.
How are you supposed to know what's genuine!!

ediisjoz

HSC
i know! it's annoying. at least i can suss it out tomorrow and if i do, i'll try and start my notes! at least our teachers realise the need for a study day.. hahaa

fil327

HSC
DirtyDancer said:
I have been having trouble with the Minoans, its too hard with so much of it being guesswork.

Does anyone have notes on the Minoans? I'd really appreciate it! :)

Also if anyone has any notes on Akhenaten, Pompeii & Herculaneum and Amenhotep III - Ramesses II could you please let me know??

I'd be grateful for any help! Lol.

what notes do u need? those are all massive subjects, anything in particular? i got a massive folder of notes from last year which info on all those topics (except Pomepii and Herc)

let me know what u need and ill try to muster up sum stuff from my old notes

man im glad i dont ever have to do the HSC again...

DirtyDancer

HSC
I'll take all of them! Lol I need all the help i can get at the moment. Ancient History has to be one of my worst subjects. The Minoans especially.
Those notes would be great, thanks!
:)

jabbie

HSC
The lack of evidence is what makes the minoans an easy topic because u can say, well there is this evidence, yet because of the language barriers and lack of crucial evidence we can only take the interpretations of the historians , thus our understanding of the minoans is speculatory.
Therefore u cant really be wrong because there are very little cold hard facts and you are only going off what that historian is saying.
Ie just because Gay feminest Callendar writes a book doesnt meen its actually historically accurate, its her perception of the present evidence.

Thank you ext history

Last edited:

lachlanwizard

HSC
: O sexist!

I like Gae Callender, about 50x better than the accursed Rodney Castleden

But really, if you have a particular problem with a facet of the Minoans, just tell us which part, such as religion, trade, outposts, palaces etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)