• patels other textbook (the blue one)

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • other

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
well, i obviously wasn't referring to you when I said the greats. :p ;)
pffft, whose this freakin_out guy, bloody. lol :rolleyes:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
well, i obviously wasn't referring to you when I said the greats. :p ;)
pffft, whose this freakin_out guy, bloody. lol :rolleyes:
yeah, but i gotta give credit to the not so greats as well!! :D

pfft- grey council...who's he? :p

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hahah! i got owned. :( ah well

as they say: don't argue with fools... they bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

;) :p :D
teehee, lets see how you reply to that. :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
hahah! i got owned. :( ah well

as they say: don't argue with fools... they bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

;) :p :D
teehee, lets see how you reply to that. :)
bleh- suddup u, and get out of my thread!! :p :D

aud

HSC
My school uses Fitz and both Coroneos' books... and I'm pretty sure my teacher said we had Arnold in the storeroom but we just don't need them...

I use Patel as well - his textbook is better than Excel... I like it cause I can do it :D And Fitz... Coroneos supplement is painful though...

natsuki

HSC
Ultimate said:
The cambridge 4 unit maths book with full worked solutions is the best.
so where abouts can you buy the cambridge 4u solutions? i've been searching every book store, but none of them has any ><"

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I've got Advanced Mathematics by Terry Lee and my school uses both the Arnold & Arnold (not Cambridge) textbook and Fitzpatrick. Here's my verdict on them:
*Advanced Mathematics by Terry Lee - A fairly good book with worked solutions for just about every question. It has mostly challenging problems rather than normal HSC level questions. The problem with it is that the solutions often rely on Terry Lee's own methods which may be unfamilar to many and the explanations before each exercise is too brief.
*4 Unit Mathematics by Denise Arnold & Graham Arnold - Great book, the exercises are fairly systematic and the problems are not too hard yet still challenging. The explanations go in great detail and answer each syllabus dot point accordingly and even uses the same number references to the syllabus as well. The problem with it is that the explanations are not too clear unless you understand the work in advanced. It also omits the proof questions in the back of the book.
* New Senior Mathematics 4 Unit Course For Year 12 by J.K Fitzpatrick - A fairly good book with clear detailed explanations that answer the syllabus dot points. The exercises range from challenging problems to simple HSC level questions. The problem with it is that the problems are quite difficult and since there is a large omission of many of these problems in the back of the book, it's easy to get lost in a question.

My personal preference is 4 Unit Mathematics by Denise Arnold & Graham Arnold....

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Ok I have a Textbook called "New 4u Mathematics" or something
Printed in '93 by Fitpatrick..................
I am wondering if I am missing out on anything
Note. Graphs suck.......
And something which is reeaaally funny (super annoying) with my textbook
For the answers at the back for graphs
Ex 33(etc) (Only some solutions provided)

Only some solutions provided....................now thats slack lol
GG
Thanks all

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Cambridge is the best I say; I used to think Terry Lee... but cambridge problems are more.. 'enjoyable' lol

plus it matches my teacher's teaching style... ahahah... mrs Arnold is our teacher :D. It's funny when we find a mistake in the answers...

abcd9146

HSC
pLuvia said:
Cambridge is harder than Fitzpatrick apparently
when i did 4u i thought that was aswell... cambridge could get so hard it was frustrating, but once you finished the cambridge excersise, the fitzpatrick exercises are so easy its boring.

bboyelement

HSC
we have two books the Fitzpatrick and the Cambridge and i think the Cambridge is wayyyy harder and it has hsc style questions. but at school we use the fitzpatrick so i do the cambridge at home which is a bitch...

gyponese

HSC
tell your teacher shes a slut.. graphs + polynomials are too easy, and some complex number and the rest of the whole book is too hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)