"the naturally smart kids aren't usually the ones who do well in the HSC" (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lyounamu said:
90+ UAI is all that natural talent gets. For 99+, high level of effort is required.
Well the smartest kids I know aren't on their way to getting 90+ at all. They all got accepted into selective schools and rejected it. I think the non-selective schools bore them in their junior years since they find it so easy.

They kinda just bomb out and stop giving a shit.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
yeh most of the really naturally smart kids in my year will do shit as because they do no work and are so arrogant that they don't care that they're failing

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Well the smartest kids I know aren't on their way to getting 90+ at all. They all got accepted into selective schools and rejected it. I think the non-selective schools bore them in their junior years since they find it so easy.

They kinda just bomb out and stop giving a shit.
they also have a tendency to have really shitty study/assignment habits, due to never having to try prior to the HSC.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Well, they are not really "naturally smart" if they cannot even measure their performance in relation to others at school (i.e. they don't fucking know how dumb they are if they don't study!)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, they are not really "naturally smart" if they cannot even measure their performance in relation to others at school (i.e. they don't fucking know how dumb they are if they don't study!)
well I guess it all depends on your definition of 'smart'.
But nevertheless that's an extremely arrogant comment on your part.

HSC
lyounamu said:
um.
winged prelims.
winged half of my half yearlys.
basically winged general maths, did minimal study for other subjects.

im currently topping general maths/drama.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
runnable said:
Define "do well". 99 UAI? 90 UAI?
It's subjective and it's not really that relevant anyway. I'm just talking about the top achieving students as a whole.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
oi bloody copy my thread style why don't ya. anyways on topic, i think if the natually smart kids put effort then i dont see why they cant do well. in fact they have an advantage.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
They still get good results, this chick i know is naturally smart. Studies like the night before and gets like top 5 marks out of big classes.

runnable

HSC
I guess you will find there are more "smart" people achieving highly than those not "naturally smart". However, hard work can mend the difference.

untouchablecuz

HSC
scaredytiger said:
um.
winged prelims.
winged half of my half yearlys.
basically winged general maths, did minimal study for other subjects.

im currently topping general maths/drama.
It's general/drama...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
well I guess it all depends on your definition of 'smart'.
But nevertheless that's an extremely arrogant comment on your part.
Well, then let's go back to YOUR definition of "naturally smart kids" and "good UAI". If you made that points clear from the start, such disagreements would not have occurred.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)