The Offical Tennis thread (2 Viewers)

VampireKitten

HSC
OMG, this thread has been inactive since March! :eek:
A lot has happened since then, including Fedz losing to Andy Murray! :(

Anyway, do you guys follow the WTA?
There's a chance of it being my Tennis Queen vs my Serbian Princess tomorrow in the final, very exciting stuff! :D

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
i know! OMG i seriously can't believe fedz lost. it's just like. wow.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Man, either tennis is really unpopular with you people, or everyone is too bloody lazy to post something. It's US Open right now and most players are into their 2nd round. Federer is still the favourite to win (surprise surprise), Agassi, playing the last tournament of his illustrious career, is still going strong after defeating Baghatis (however you spell his name) in a 5 setter - great game btw. Hewitt, despite injury and his arrogance, is still going without dropping a set. I am still gonna back Fed to win it, he is simply too hard to go past.

So what do you people reckon? Fed is too good or is someone else gonna take over?

Another question i am dying to see what everyone thinks - Who's gonna win, Federer vs Sampras, assuming both playing in their prime? personally, i think Sampras will take it, because i think the best way to play a baseliner (like Fed) is to close off his options and make him play a good shot when he isn't ready, and Sampras is a serve and volleyer, so that's gonna give him an advantage. but i could be wrong. Whatever it is, i'd pay anything to see it happen.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
agassi. *tears* his speech touched everyone i think.

federer is owning man's tennis atm

i wasn't really around and havn't yet seen the sampras prime form. but anyone better than federer (on any surface other than clay) would be downright scary.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Men's tennis has become very boring. It's because Federer and Nadal are both seriously lacking in personality. Until someone like Safin or Rios start challenging again, I'm boycotting watching men's tennis.. not that I'll get to see any till next year anyhow.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Benny_ said:
Until someone like Safin or Rios start challenging again, I'm boycotting watching men's tennis...
Sorry but why Safin or Rios? Rios is a very mediocre and he's in his retiring years. Safin is arrogant in the sense that he has the talent, but he simply would not put in the hard yards. To be honest, i think Safin would go down in tennis history as the biggest 'could-have-been-big' player given his potential at such a young age.

on the other hand, i really rate andy murray (the young british). yes ok he's a pommy, but so what, we'd like to see someone else other than fed or nadal win something for once.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well I did say someone 'like Safin or Rios', meaning not necessarily those two. I also didn't mention anything about tennis ability. What worries me is that Federer and Nadal are both so lacking in personality. They're unbearably..clean. It's a problem that's pervasive with the entire sport. It's surely one of the most over-produced and over-marketed around these days. Just take a look at the ATP website.
I guess I wouldn't mind Baghdatis winning a slam now and then, he's a breath of fresh air.

The pr

stariiskiez

HSC
I'm a Henin- Hardenne fan and i cant say i'm happy about the US Open finals results. :p Not suprised with the mens finals results, I was happy it wasnt a Nadal, Federer finals, it's gonna get boring soon no matter how exciting the match is. I think Roger will have another chance to go 4 in a row next year again.

P.S... Really really hope it doesnt rain this Saturday... i want to have my tennis lessons!!!

shazeh

HSC
yep i am also not happy with women's final. sharapova didnt deserve it.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Sharapova's got the complete package, the look, the shots, the scream. Watch her, she's gonna be the next big thing.

You just can't say no to her...

simon²

number 2
HSC
just an observation though, but i'd like to put forward this question, for all of you who bag out some of the worlds best players, how many of you actually play tennis, and on top of that if you do, if you went up against them who would be the shite and uninteresting player then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)