The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
It's interesting that both countries, not just the teams itself, would be greatly boosted by a victory tomorrow morning; regardless of how long the celebrations last.

Italia with the Serie A scandal, and France with their recent racial tension and high unemployment. It's charming that winning the WC could seemingly alleviate the stress of whichever nation's masses for atleast some period.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The Italian president of football I think it was said that if Italy win the match fixing scandal should be forgotten and unpunished hahaha. For all those who didn't know, the final verdict and punishment will be given the day after the final

matt#1

HSC
N/A
garbagedump said:
@matt#1- number one in many things you would associate trolls with.
ahaha...you're a funny cunt, aye? I for one certainly wouldn't go around making fun of other people's user names if I had the name 'garbagedump'.

_dhj_ said:
It's the hate campaigns perpetuated by the English tabloids that made him so hated. They had to find a scapegoat rather than objectively assess the failure of the whole team and the media's contributory role. You feel that this time, Ronaldo was identified ahead of Rooney and Eriksson even though he had little to do with England going out.

I think it's ridiculous that Henry can still be the pin-up for fair play for the likes of Martin Tyler despite two matchwinning Oscar performances, while Ronaldo has become a symbol of all the diving seen in this world cup despite not deceiving the referee even once. The fact that he was booed by the crowd is quite disgusting.
Well said mate. Very well said...those are my thoughts exactly.

Also, good win to Germany this morning. Schweinsteiger was simply awesome. I was slightly disappointed with the Portuguese performance this morning...but am still extremely proud of our achievements throughout the tournament. But..Where the hell was Nuno Gomes all tournament? Sure, Pauleta has a fantastic record, but I think that Big Phil made a huge error by insisting on starting Pauleta over him. In any case, Gomes certainly should have been used ahead of Postiga.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I really don't like either team...but I will support the French for Zidane. He deserves to go out as the winner he is.

France 2-1 Italy

Always

HSC
stazi said:
GO FRANCE!!!!!!!!! I don't think there's a person around the world who can dislike the french team. They're just so charismatic and inspirational. They play relatively fair and when they play well, the game just flows so amazingly beautifully. They also play as a team, unlike many other national outfits which act like they are individuals on a field.
I've got to be up for work at 8.30, but no way am I missing this match. Hope Italy gets hammered. Hammered like brogan's bumbum will be by my penis when I see him next :shy:
Oh, je t'aime!! That was beautifully said (bar the last sentence).

ALLEZ LA FRANCE!!!!

HSC
OMG I CANT KEEP AWAKE....i dnt drink coffee either so im finding this really hard...i dnt think i will b able 2 make it

GO FRANCE!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Always said:
Oh, je t'aime!! That was beautifully said (bar the last sentence).

ALLEZ LA FRANCE!!!!
Alas, the last part was the most beautiful - it was about a man's love for brogan's anus. what else could be as beautiful as that?

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
stazi said:
Alas, the last part was the most beautiful - it was about a man's love for brogan's anus. what else could be as beautiful as that?
and painful...Go ZZ!

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
As highly as I regard Zizou, I don't mind who wins this morning.

The fact that they are here suggests they're both very deserving.

May the best team win.

Zizou, you're a legend no matter what happens.

Merci pour les mémoires. :( :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Clearly a dive, next to no contact. But yes, gotta have balls to take a penalty like that

mecurial

HSC
A few good patches from 15-30 minutes...apart from that, the game has been punctuated by fouls and other stoppages, as expected, to be honest. Can't really say that either side looks more likely to win it so far.

France definitely more orgainsed. Thuram is superb as always. Unbelievable. Italy are giving Zizou as well as Malouda and Henry wayyyy too much space, and France's speed of ball movement is making the Italian defence just a little shaky.

Oh, and I wonder when Totti will show up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)