• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
So, who's going to stay till 4:30 am on Monday morning to watch the Australian match?

I think it would be pretty boring if I record it n then watch it the next day, after already knowing the results. oh well
...you mean 2am

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I think i'm going to have to sleep at 7pm seeing as i have an exam 8am monday morning.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sorry, interpreted that as the time you thought the match started.

from soccernet.com:
Brazil: (4-4-2)

1-Dida; 2-Cafu, 3-Lucio, 4-Juan, 6-Roberto Carlos; 5-Emerson, 11-Ze Roberto, 8-Kaka, 10-Ronaldinho; 9-Ronaldo, 7-Adriano

Australia: (4-5-1)

1-Mark Schwarzer; 7-Brett Emerton, 2-Lucas Neill, 6-Tony Popovic, 14-Scott Chipperfield; 8-Josip Skoko, 5-Jason Culina, 20-Luke Wilkshire, 23-Marco Bresciano, 10-Harry Kewell; 9-Mark Viduka

lol, i think they just copied the last matches lineup. I really hope wilkshire won't be named.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
if this is really the line-up (doubt it), then he's resting cahill due to the yellow (or maybe doing a similar sub to last time).

There's no point overthinking the match, I've decided. Although, I think I will be overthinking croatia v japan (As I truly believe Japan can stage a draw with them).

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
stazi said:
sorry, interpreted that as the time you thought the match started.

from soccernet.com:
Brazil: (4-4-2)

1-Dida; 2-Cafu, 3-Lucio, 4-Juan, 6-Roberto Carlos; 5-Emerson, 11-Ze Roberto, 8-Kaka, 10-Ronaldinho; 9-Ronaldo, 7-Adriano

Australia: (4-5-1)

1-Mark Schwarzer; 7-Brett Emerton, 2-Lucas Neill, 6-Tony Popovic, 14-Scott Chipperfield; 8-Josip Skoko, 5-Jason Culina, 20-Luke Wilkshire, 23-Marco Bresciano, 10-Harry Kewell; 9-Mark Viduka

lol, i think they just copied the last matches lineup. I really hope wilkshire won't be named.
Popovic in for Moore, Skoko for Grella.

Jimmy_B

HSC
got 20 on ali karimi opening the scoring tongiht.

FORZA IRAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Australia have an extremely low chance of even a draw, let alone a win.

The media is full of shit.

Jimmy_B

HSC
^^every time i've seen karimi play, he takes the piss. with ballack fucked off, he'll be their star next season. top quality player.

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
i think if brazil plays as they played against croatia, and australia can start the game as they finished it against japan, there might be a chance of a draw or even a freaky win....

all in all though, u can never go against brazil

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Croatia played really well. Many of you fail to notice that? Croatia is much faster than Australia... they have a better team I think. But against croatia, we do have a great chance of drawing.

plus Brazil just sat on the goal they scored. It's first round, they're not playing as if it's the finals... And consider they may want to silence the negative media surrounding their match with Croatia by smashing socceroos. And they can do that if they play well. I wouldn't be surprised with a 4 - 0 score.

draw would be almost impossible. but nothing in soccer is impossible.... which is why i said almost.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the media's job is to hype this game up. if they said 'it is most likely that australia loses to brazil by 10000 goals' people wouldnt care about the upcoming match.
No one really believes we will beat them, but miracles do happen in soccer (hell, ecuador beat poland convincingly, senegal beat france, etc).
Uruguay drew 3-3 with brazil (brazil was at home), so is it really a tall task to believe that we MAY (not can) do the same.

Furthermore, a fun bit of trivia. EA simulated the cup via their 2006 World Cup game and the results for group F:

Brazil 3 - Croatia 2
Australia 2 - Japan 1
Brazil 1 - Croatia 1
Japan 1 - Croatia 1
Japan 0 - Brazil 2
Croatia 2 - Australia 4

Round of sixteen
Australia 1 - Czech Republic 3 :(

Final
Brazil 1 - Czech Republic 2

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Paragon said:
Isn't the S&M Football Federation splitting up though ?
Yeah.

Serbia will benefit out of the split more. Pretty sure they'll be there in 2010.

Montenegro are too small to do well at the beginning.

Iran haven't had ANY ball so far.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol serbia won't benefit, i dont think. both teams lose out, but serbia will 'lose out' less.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
politik said:
Brazil played Croatia twice?
I think that’s a typo by Stas, according to that, Croatia played 4 matches while Australia played 2 (and still made it to the knockouts :cool: ).

stazi said:
Final
Brazil 1 - Czech Republic 2
The Czechs always make the Final in FIFA.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
it's funny how nobody cares about football right now. lol the Footy Show actually travelled all the way to Germany for the games. GR8 :)
You mean League. :) That's one strike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)