The Official Australian Open Thread! (1 Viewer)

soxrow

HSC
Sarah,
I have a question for you: What sets the best apart from the rest? The answer is their determination and their will to win, it is in every sport. While Lleyton may not have the greatest attitude in the world, he has the results to back it up and the respect of all his opponents in the world, including Mr Federer. I even question if you have ever played sport in your life, because you would then know, like myself and other sport players that you need the right attitude to achieve what he has achieved.

As a result this influences your behaviour, as I know from experience. However, Lleyton has the respect from his opponents as they know its only a game face and doesnt show his true character. In conclusion, go geta reality check you stupid bitch.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ouch, that hurt. Looks like I'll have to support Lleyton when the Aussie Open starts...:rolleyes:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
soxrow said:
Sarah,
I have a question for you: What sets the best apart from the rest? The answer is their determination and their will to win, it is in every sport.
I agree

soxrow said:
Sarah,
While Lleyton may not have the greatest attitude in the world, he has the results to back it up and the respect of all his opponents in the world, including Mr Federer.
Yes, he doesn't have the greatest attitude. Yes, he does have the results to back it up, but so does Federer for example. And Federer also repects other players.

soxrow said:
Sarah,
I even question if you have ever played sport in your life, because you would then know, like myself and other sport players that you need the right attitude to achieve what he has achieved.
Obviously everyone would have played some kind of sport at school, such as those in PE... Yes, you need the right attitude to win, which excludes characteristics such as bad temper. That's why most people don't respect his on-court attidue, even though he has achieved alot on the sporting field.

soxrow said:
As a result this influences your behaviour, as I know from experience. However, Lleyton has the respect from his opponents as they know its only a game face and doesnt show his true character.
No, look at players like Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer. No matter how frustrated they are about whatever they are doing on court, they do not act like an idiot on court with "bad behaviours" like smashng racquets, swearing at the chair umpires/lines persons etc. Obviously you gain respect from others not by winning everything in the world, but from how one conduct themselves in every aspects of their lives. This is one thing that he needs to learn before he gains more respect from many more people around the world.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
ramanij said:
WHy did Sampras have to retire greatest player ever :(
Maybe he feels that he had won enough Wimbledons :D
And plus he didn't win the last two that he had played.. :(

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
ramanij said:
WHy did Sampras have to retire greatest player ever :(
better to leave on a high note
and its not like he needs the money or anything...

everyone says that hewitt has a chance at beating federer
but i dont think he does
although safin is looking pretty good

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Tommy Haas just got knocked out ina 5 setter and he was leading 2-0 :( oh well

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
lol i know it was funny.. although he did get cramps towards the end

what is with alot of the player complaining about the speed of the court?
i read on the smh website that players like hewitt, rafter and the poo have been robbed of there chances at winning because of the court... it's load of shit really they are just looking for excuses

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
poo always has excused... first its shoulder, then its shoulder again, then prostate, then groin, etc etc etc... its all excuses for poo

does anyone think anyone can stop federer?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i didn't think it would be a good game considering he was a qualifier
but it more interesting then the match i saw between federer and roddick...
that shot around the post was amazing... hell he is just awsome

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Yes, he doesn't have the greatest attitude. Yes, he does have the results to back it up, but so does Federer for example. And Federer also repects other players.
In what way does Lleyton disrespect other players?

Survivor39 said:
Yes, you need the right attitude to win, which excludes characteristics such as bad temper. That's why most people don't respect his on-court attidue, even though he has achieved alot on the sporting field.].
Actually, I'd say that most people who know anything about tennis and understand what it takes to succed have the utmost repsect for his on court attitude. He's obviously nowhere near the most talented player in the world, without his attitude he would still be playing satellites.

Survivor39 said:
No, look at players like Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer. No matter how frustrated they are about whatever they are doing on court, they do not act like an idiot on court with "bad behaviours" like smashng racquets, swearing at the chair umpires/lines persons etc..
Well obviously you don't know so have a look and see if you can find out anything about Roger and his junior career. Comparing him to Lleyton is difficult... considering one is possibly one of the most talented players ever and the other one of the least talented to win grand slams and dominate the game. I will explain in a bit more detail next post if you don't understand.

Survivor39 said:
Obviously you gain respect from others not by winning everything in the world, but from how one conduct themselves in every aspects of their lives. This is one thing that he needs to learn before he gains more respect from many more people around the world.
Well do you suggest Lleyton attempts to change the one thing that differentiates him from about 500 other players in order to gain respect from the general public? Personally I respect him for not giving a fuck what people think and being himself but hey, that's just me.

Although I must admit my favourite player has always been Safin and I love the "don't give a fuck" attitude and racquet throwing e.g. Marcelo Rios, Gaston Gaudio, Marc Rosset, Ivanisavic, Phillippoussis etc

BTW, used to hate Hewitt. Not really his biggest fan now but I do like him a fair bit, so it's not really a biased post either... just didn't really agree with much that you said.

Sasky

HSC
mizz_smee said:
i didn't think it would be a good game considering he was a qualifier
but it more interesting then the match i saw between federer and roddick...
that shot around the post was amazing... hell he is just awsome
yeah, *nods* tell me about it! :p

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i dont see anything wrong with hewitts on court attitude
sure he doesnt enjoy it and laugh as much as other players
but he wants to win
and he never looks like it comes naturally to him like federer

does anyone know if channel 7 will be kind enough to show rafael nadals game today?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
im not sure. i was expecting nadal to be seeded by this year. he was already awesome last year

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
he is ranked 56th... which is still good for an 18 yr old...
i hope they show it on tv im sick of seeing the seed thrash other players
when there are more competetive matches going on elsewhere

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Some of you have obviously never seen any of Federer's matches from when he was younger - he used to be just as bad and disrespectful as you're accusing Hewitt of being. However, he has matured since then. If you compare Hewitt's current matches to when he was younger I believe you'll find that he too has matured.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
pam17 said:
Some of you have obviously never seen any of Federer's matches from when he was younger - he used to be just as bad and disrespectful as you're accusing Hewitt of being. However, he has matured since then. If you compare Hewitt's current matches to when he was younger I believe you'll find that he too has matured.
Looks like Hewitt will never "mature" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)