The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
HeCtic said:
For some reason it came off as being a lot more boring than a game like that suggests. Might be the lack of personality in either of the teams playing or the fact that day internationals seem a lot more dull than day-night odi's.

Either way, this tri-series is a write-off. Why couldnt we have gotten some proper teams to play against before a world cup campaign. Confidence is good and we'll have plenty of that, but we need good competitive match practice to ensure we hit the ground running in the Windies.
proper teams?
we win big pretty much regardless of who we play.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I think the sub-continent teams have a betetr chance than the rest at beating us, especially at their home

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
BlackDragon said:
proper teams?
we win big pretty much regardless of who we play.

Thing is, I don't consider this pom team a proper one day team. They are abysmal, and New Zealand have absolutely no quality depth. No Mills, Styris and Oram in their team and you can see how dire they are.

I think other teamswould test us a lot more. The Lankans have been in great form for a year or so now and gave us a few good games last summer, the Windies have found some good young guns in their squad and their team looks really good. The Saffies have improved a lot recently and wiped the floor with India last time around.

Which leaves the Pakis and Indians, both of whom have far more talent and are more likely to push us than the two teams we have here right now. Especially if the druggos are allowed to play.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
HeCtic said:
Thing is, I don't consider this pom team a proper one day team. They are abysmal, and New Zealand have absolutely no quality depth. No Mills, Styris and Oram in their team and you can see how dire they are.

I think other teamswould test us a lot more. The Lankans have been in great form for a year or so now and gave us a few good games last summer, the Windies have found some good young guns in their squad and their team looks really good. The Saffies have improved a lot recently and wiped the floor with India last time around.

Which leaves the Pakis and Indians, both of whom have far more talent and are more likely to push us than the two teams we have here right now. Especially if the druggos are allowed to play.
The next tri-series in Australia will be awesome!. Australia, India and Sri Lanka, after the world cup as well.

bos1234

HSC
yes ^^

australia will lose in sydney and melb against both india and sl

but australia will try and schedule the games so that they play only 1 game in melb and syndey..

the rest will b played in waca bellrieve gabba etc etc..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bos1234 said:
yes ^^

australia will lose in sydney and melb against both india and sl

but australia will try and schedule the games so that they play only 1 game in melb and syndey..

the rest will b played in waca bellrieve gabba etc etc..
That would be the case with old indian and lankan teams.

I dont know if Sanath will continue after the World cup, but India will most likely have new look team after the world cup/ even during with Sehwag dropped and Chappell taking his approach.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
just watching the current game..

whats with england and debuting 30 year olds?

guess they think australia's 'dad's army' formula works great. =/

pottsy44

HSC
timlay said:
just watching the current game..

whats with england and debuting 30 year olds?

guess they think australia's 'dad's army' formula works great. =/
haha nice

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Ian Bell. Wtf was he doing? He's just standing there as if he was waiting to be run out

Kujah

HSC
N/A
At least when Vaughan was captain, they made more than 200 runs. They should have selected Strauss over Flintoff as captain

BlackDragon

HSC
Sigh. 155. I wish we had've played some sub continent nations in this tri-series. they are the teams that will challenge for the cup.

BlackDragon

HSC
They will be a big force because they are some of the better teams in the world.
If not the sub continent, who's left? Just South Africa. They will be too, but Sri Lanka & Paki are looking good.

And also, India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are just way more interesting teams and interesting to watch.
Crap like today's match against a dead boring english team is just non-comparable.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
Yeah what is england playing at? They've debuted like three ancient county cricketers right before a world cup?

3/39?

Hmm. Just need a sound partnership of like 60 or 70 and we'll be okays.

Importantly though, i don't think we've got the cup in the bag. Yes we're like $1.01 to win but it just takes one match where it doesn't stick to wreck it for us. That's pretty much all we have to guard against - but its a real threat.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
:( 4/81. hmmph. i never expected this at all...

wait. 4/85 just now. :) i feel a bit relaxed already..

guess its nice to see a BIT of a challenge for once... probably get further when you're being pushed.

wish lee got to bat and scored a 50. :p

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
omg he NEARLY DID!!

then white got on strike.

hit a four. relaxed.

then lbwed next ball? :| SHAT!!

haha. LEE WITH A HIT? :) YAY. (better not get out. :( )

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lol i was worried there. Top and middle order collapses. Geez, I thought we were going to lose :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)