The Official Euro 2008 Thread (1 Viewer)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Fucking lol @ the uproar in regards to the Van Nistelrooy goal.
Is there an uproar though ?

When i woke up this morning the headlines were saying 'Nistelrooy goal from clear offside position' but within an hour or so all the channels were quoting the rule that technically made him onside.

It's not a stupid rule either, makes a lot of sense.

But i haven't seen headlines lately so maybe that italian coach shithead is bitching like italians do.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yes, Van Nistelrooy's goal was good, as Italy cannot be considered playing with 10 men without a break in play, so therefore Panucci was an active player, playing everyone onside. I don't think anyone from Italy is bitching about that, they were clearly beaten by a better team on the day. That second Dutch goal was pure class, from clearing off the line at one end to scoring on a swift counter at the other, quality finish by Sneijder too.

Romania will qualify from the group. :D

Peartie

HSC
well...my interpretation as a ref....which could be wrong but im asking someone whos a helluva lot more qualified than me......

but seeing as the Italian on the ground outside the field of play is still TECHNICALLY playing he is still technically one of the last two defenders and therefore, as Rudd Van is infront of the keeper, who at this point in time is the second last defender, he is onside....thats the way im seeing it anyway.....

anyone else going to predict for tonight?

efhat

HSC
hehe so glad netherlands beat italy, stupid fags thats wat u get for diving!! and that second goal was spectacular, best one of the comp so far.

im going germany to win the comp this yr, they look up to form and podolski is on firee..... im going 1-1 to spain/russia, and 1-0 to greece

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Russia are actually a good team, wouldn't be surprised if they got up and went deep into the tournament.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah plus they have guus.

this is the only time i'll ever support russia, since australia isn't competing against them

blakegman

HSC
N/A
i hope russia make the world cup and are drawn in a group with Australia,England and New Zealand, that would be brilliant.

Before you laugh at NZ, the top oceanic team plays the 5th ranked asain team or something to get into the world cup so that's not so laughable.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
then i hope russia will lose. hard.

fuck now i'm hard.

lol :shy:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
It's a shame P&G don't own any adult related brands(or do they)

I could totally see you designing some epic word play for a condom or lub ad.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blakegman said:
It's a shame P&G don't own any adult related brands(or do they)

I could totally see you designing some epic word play for a condom or lub ad.
lawlz :( i was thinking about that the other gay

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Russia are at like $5 to win. I might have a punt.

Peripheral

HSC
blakegman said:
i hope russia make the world cup and are drawn in a group with Australia,England and New Zealand, that would be brilliant.

Before you laugh at NZ, the top oceanic team plays the 5th ranked asain team or something to get into the world cup so that's not so laughable.
Lol isn't it still the 5th ranked South American team? If so New Zealand's probably going to get eaten alive.

One of the main reasons Australia joined the Asian qualification isn't it?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Very unlikely Russia will make it past the second round, as they'll meet one of France, Italy or Holland if they even make it past the group stages. Still, if Arshavin fires, they've got a chance.

Spain all the way!

Peartie

HSC
Peripheral said:
Lol isn't it still the 5th ranked South American team? If so New Zealand's probably going to get eaten alive.

One of the main reasons Australia joined the Asian qualification isn't it?
no....for this world cup its 5th placed Asian......

A few world cups ago (might have been 98) we had to play Canada, beat them then another country - which was Iran if it was indeed 98 world cup...

qualification changes...i think this year 3rd place North America plays 5th placed South America, Oceiana plays Asia and then Africa plays Europe.....I think.....dont quote me though :)

Edit: And Russia failed, 4-1 with a hattrick to Villa

Sweden beat defending champions Greece 2-0 ... on a side note to this i got basically full points from a tipping comp im in as i predicted a win to sweden 2-3 goals scored and Ibrahimović to score first goal! woo!!!!

Last edited:

Peartie

HSC
they were slated to change before we left Oceiana.......we knew it was happening..... but being in Asia is a helluva lot better than being in oceiana..... we get better opponents, more chances for World cup AND our ranking is lots easier to improve

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lol at Russia's defense, Spain's counter-attacks just tore them apart

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lolz russia did get pwned, but they didn't play badly. Their attack was fun to watch, and the played with spirit (similar to our aussie team). However, there was poor communication b/w players, particularly when passing the ball around.

With that said, Russia's defense just couldn't adapt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)